JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New Tikka

IMG_1783.JPG

Just one thing... about the whole wife business. Most wives are stay at home, statistically... and yet they tell you what to do with money? Idk, I'm not MGTOW at all (rather the opposite), and maybe it's just the culture I come from before my family moved here, but that seems super duper weird.

If someone asked about a new gun in my house, for instance, we'd say yup! New gun. Show it off to wife, if she scoffs at the price just laugh it off. That goes for everything, not just guns, too. And if wife wants gun, go for it!

Food can wait. Guns are love. Guns are life.

But seriously, as long as food is getting on the table, no one in their right mind should grumble... That's what ungrateful kids are for.

My younger daughter got engaged last night, so what's the best possible way to celebrate? Go to the range with new Son-in-law to-be and my current Son-in-law. SIL"to-be" is using my FNX-45 Tactical and current SIL is using my Walther PPQ M2. Also on hand were the Sig MCX, Walther PPS M2 (my daily carry) and, of course, the S&W 500 mag. Unfortunately, Father-in-law forget to pack ammo for the 500. Next time. Life is good.
20170414_215517463_iOS.jpg 20170414_220800244_iOS.jpg

My younger daughter got engaged last night, so what's the best possible way to celebrate? Go to the range with new Son-in-law to-be and my current Son-in-law. SIL"to-be" is using my FNX-45 Tactical and current SIL is using my Walther PPQ M2. Also on hand were the Sig MCX, Walther PPS M2 (my daily carry) and, of course, the S&W 500 mag. Unfortunately, Father-in-law forget to pack ammo for the 500. Next time. Life is good.
View attachment 356881 View attachment 356882

Train em up good so you know they can protect your daughter. Love my SIL he is hard worker and would do anything for my daughter. Now if I could just get him to wear the pants :confused:

Train em up good so you know they can protect your daughter. Love my SIL he is hard worker and would do anything for my daughter. Now if I could just get him to wear the pants :confused:

Subtle hints - a gift from dear old dad in law - a set of new trousers and a pair of queen sized pantyhoes with a love note saying "you gotta wear one of these in a relationship - pick one, and make the right decision. Next gift will be bullets or beauty supplies..." :p

Of couse it could back fire and you wind up with a new daughter in law Jenner-style :rolleyes:

DSC06606.jpg
So here is the first gun I ever owned.
It is a Remington 870 Wingmaster .20 gauge from 1960.
Not sure just how many clay birds , rabbits , squirrels and grouse is has gotten over the years...
My granddad gave to it me many , many years ago... And I still use it today.
Andy

Last Edited:
DSC06557.jpg DSC06560.jpg
Here is my "new to me" grouse gun.
It is a original flintlock Trade Gun in .20 gauge.
Belgium made ... the maker was Georges Laloux
His firm made guns from 1837 to 1920.
This gun is a later gun ...circa 1900.
Kinda neat knowing someone was still making flintlocks well into the cartridge era...
Andy

DSC06561.jpg DSC06571.jpg DSC06564.jpg DSC06570.jpg
Here is a fun one...
A .44 / .12 gauge combo gun.
Circa 1850's-60's
The barrels and all furniture are original.
Locks are Pedersoli
Sights , ramrod and stock are all made by me.
The rifle barrel has a fast twist for conicals ... I use a lead .44 magnum bullet .
If you look close , you can see that it has a "set" trigger as well.
Andy

Well after a lot of saving and a couple doses of hot water from my better half (as well as a VERY awesome father in law who helped us out when the Primary Arms spring sale happened right as I spent my last couple of bucks) our family has a new (mostly) functional member ! I know these are bargain bin guns by most standards but for us they are honestly nicer than anything we have had in the past. Now that we have rifles I'd like to get my better half and I pistols and a shotgun next. I'd also like something heavier (like one of the CMP Garands if they come through) but for now I'm pretty confident we can hold off any rogue unicorns with what we got.

20170417_191734.jpg
Holosun 406A and Primary Arms 3x magnifier on flip to side mount
Anderson lower
Palmetto state EPT lower build kit with nickel trigger and hammer
Magpul STR buttstock on milspec receiver extension tube
AIM NiB EXO Bolt Carrier Group
CBC Industries Mlok Upper Receiver 1/8 Colt Competition style barrel in 5.56
Magpul AFGII

All said it came out to about 650$ for everything

I still want to get a OD green ladder rail cover for the top of the handguard and I absolutely need better back up irons, I bought some diamondhead knock offs from CBC industries when I got the upper and they really suck, I took a chance based on the one review of them and I got burned. I'll be getting real diamondhead sights (probably the polymer ones) when we can afford them. A light weight light (and affordable) would be nice as well.

And a Family Photo
20170417_191836.jpg

The other gun is another one we put together as well
Anderson closed trigger guard lower
Palmetto state Carbine upper in 5.56
Palmetto state lower build kit with MOE stock
Magpul rear BUIS
Grip pod
Nitecore MH12 on UTG quick release ring mount
Fieldsport red dot (red only) on UTG quick release mount
This one was far cheaper at around 450$

Thats our guns for now, Next Stop: Appleseed !

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top