JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm used to them- and you can get magnetic bullet button tools that defeat the lock feature so it's not really a big deal. Bullet buttons are now "illegal" in Kommiefornia in 2017- a new more elaborate maglock is used. You have to split the recievers and press a button to drop the mag now-lol.
I'm waiting for the DOJ ruling to be locked down before I spend another dollar on that crap.

Geno
View attachment 341931
Great. Next we will need to contact NASA to reload a AR magazine.:D

The 90mm did waaaay outperform the 75's but they mad some shell changes and made the m18 great again. Standard round was apbc(armor piercing ballistic capped) with 150mm of penetration but a new round was put out to kill panthers. The apcr (armor piercing composite rigid)round had 220mm of penetration. The m18's main advantage was reload time. With the open turret design and ready rack it could reload in about 5-6 seconds. It was a crazy badass machine. In the month of July 1944, the m18 knocked out 53 German panthers and tiger 1s along with 15 self-propelled track vehicles, while only losing 17 hellcats to enemy fire and other issues. That's a kill loss ration of about 3.1:1.
Yes, somewhere on youtube, I think there's some video of M18's doing a shoot and scoot demo.
Pretty impressive.
Yes, they did make some shell changes to address the Panther and Tiger tanks, but what they really needed was a bigger gun.
220mm of penetration is great, but sucks ugly ponies when the armour you're trying to defeat exceeds 300 mm in thickness...and you have to be so close to get that amount of penetration.
Distance is your friend in a tank battle.

Dean

One of the more curious motor carriages for the 90mm gun was the M56 Scorpion.
Just a small hull with a gun mounted on top, it does tend to possess a rather "cool" look.
There's no real sitting in an M56. That was reserved for the drivetrain, fuel and ammo stores.
Everyone just sat on top, like so many GI's hitchin' a ride in France or something.
The track used on that vehicle was apparently a fairly new idea and consisted of, essentially, a large rubber band that was continuous.
If you look closely, the bogies are actually car wheel/tire setups.
The idea was that with no master link to disassemble the track, it would be less likely to throw one.
When/if you needed to change it, you simply deflated the tires. This left enough slack to remove and replace the track.
The tires were then reinflated.
...a very McNamara type of fighting vehicle.

e1f35b6ccdf01e10ea964587781d2950.jpg

Dean

Yes, somewhere on youtube, I think there's some video of M18's doing a shoot and scoot demo.
Pretty impressive.
Yes, they did make some shell changes to address the Panther and Tiger tanks, but what they really needed was a bigger gun.
220mm of penetration is great, but sucks ugly ponies when the armour you're trying to defeat exceeds 300 mm in thickness...and you have to be so close to get that amount of penetration.
Distance is your friend in a tank battle.

Dean
Yeah. It couldn't dent a jagdpanther even at 10 meters but that's where speed comes in because it could run off the the side and shoot at the broadside. They almost never did that though because of how massive the panzer divisions were. Mainly on heavy armored tank destroyers that were alone.

Just a small hull with a gun mounted on top, it does tend to possess a rather "cool" look.
There's no real sitting in an M56. That was reserved for the drivetrain, fuel and ammo stores.
Everyone just sat on top, like so many GI's hitchin' a ride in France or something.
The track used on that vehicle was apparently a fairly new idea and consisted of, essentially, a large rubber band that was continuous.
The idea was that with no master link to disassemble the track, it would be less likely to throw one.
When/if you needed to change it, you simply deflated the tires. This left enough slack to remove and replace the track.

View attachment 342060

Dean
The scorpion was an amazing vehicle. The only downside was that a it could be knocked out by a mg.

Yeah. It couldn't dent a jagdpanther even at 10 meters but that's where speed comes in because it could run off the the side and shoot at the broadside. They almost never did that though because of how massive the panzer divisions were. Mainly on heavy armored tank destroyers that were alone.
Yes, its my understanding that the whole "shoot 'n' scoot" concept was started with the Sherman hunting packs and refined with the M18 tankers taking advantage of its unusually high speed capability.

Dean

View attachment 342060

Dean
291744-7a998e654843c22ee9165d63a7a3259f.jpg

"Have a gun..".
"Okidoke!" lol

So I got myself a valentines day gift. An IWI x95 to replace my SAR16. I will likely end up getting a 9mm conversion for the SAR16 so that I can justify keeping it as I don't really have a need for two tavors.
20170214_165728.jpg 20170214_170140.jpg

So I got myself a valentines day gift. An IWI x95 to replace my SAR16. I will likely end up getting a 9mm conversion for the SAR16 so that I can justify keeping it as I don't really have a need for two tavors.
View attachment 342902 View attachment 342903
Which one do you like better, I tried an x95 out and thought it was a bit back heavy, and a little bit bulky for me, but would like to try one out for long term

Which one do you like better, I tried an x95 out and thought it was a bit back heavy, and a little bit bulky for me, but would like to try one out for long term

So far I am preferring the x95 although I haven't shot it yet so I only have trigger time on the tavor but the x95 fixed one of my big ergonomic gripes with the tavor which was the charging handle location.

Been working on this one for a few years as a big bore brother for a .30-30 I've posted before. A customer managed to convince me to sell the .30-30 last year, but this one is getting close. Still needs cerakoting, and I might extend the magtube, but other than that, it's getting there.
Just got the laminated stock set in from Canada. Hard to find the grey laminate in the straight stock.

Marlin 1895 .45/70

IMG_1778.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews