JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pardon ME gentleman. A build is also a clone. I can't delete the first to make you happy but took care of the other 2 for ya.
Thanks... the "clone" parameters are in the OP's first post, just trying to not mix up threads is all. Makes for easier viewing pleasure. Definitely not trying to rain on anyone's parade ;)

Thanks... the "clone" parameters are in the OP's first post, just trying to not mix up threads is all. ;)

First of all, with all do respect, I don't want your thanks. You are not the thread police. You are not the OP which I happen to know personally. So sit back and let the OP do what ever he chooses.:oops:

First of all, with all do respect, I don't want your thanks. You are not the thread police. You are not the OP which I happen to know personally. So sit back and let the OP do what ever he chooses.:oops:
Wow. With all "due" respect (language police too apparently), you quoted me directly, so I responded with a simple "thanks". I'm just going to leave this alone. I'm happy for you being the only person to know the OP personally. :rolleyes:

@Saffir and myself know the OP personally as well. So what? His thread clearly states clone builds. So let's keep this thread on topic and away from random builds. Mmmkay? ;)

OH yeah, and let's remember rule #1 while we're at it.

I suppose this ATI Omni AR would qualify. I like it. Shoots well and is light weight with the reinforced acrylics. The Trijicom makes it quick and a joy. 20190615_182052-1.jpg

I probably should have been more specific in my OP... I did intend for this to be a thread for clones of M4 variants used by our Military Special Forces.
There is a thread for general ARs already. Post your ARs (Expected to be Pic heavy)
I really don't think @Saffir was trying to be disrespectful... he was just trying to keep the thread on topic. You should see what happens on Arfcom when somebody posts a pic of something they consider even slightly non clone correct. Those guys are ruthless.

The girlfriend's (technically *my*) C8A3 in progress...
esoN07F.jpg
With early left-side single-slot endplate.

90GOMo3.jpg
With "not quite" mimic of latest CF bent-backward double-QD. (Issue version comes out farther and is bent 90 degrees straight back, this is toed out about 45 degrees.)

Components - final spec in green, unobtainium in red, substitutes or work-to-do in blue. Italicized parts are already here.

Upper Receiver Group - BCM C8 SFW, need to mute the white logo. BCM Gunfighter comp swapped for A2 FH.
Bolt Carrier Group - Toolcraft M16, black-nitride with Carpenter 158 bolt
Charging handle - Generic milspec with surplus Canadian "claw" latch via a friend
Front Sight Post - .050" Round Post (NOT like KNS .052" Round Dot) - (Blitzkrieg Components .040" Round Post)
Rear BUIS - Diemaco fixed "wedge" via a Canadian friend
Tri-Ad front-sight rail - BCM - G&G airsoft, until either BCM runs theirs again or I have an engineer frat-brother build a better one
Handguard - CAR six-hole skinny, to be Gunkoted Napa Green (see ref photo below)
Handguard rail - Cadex Defence CMR-418-01 Carbine Rail
Foregrip - Cadex Defence 622-000 green
Lower Receiver (Phase 2, possible temporary) - Umbrella Corp. (C.'s a Resident Evil fan, so I thought this would add a unique "personal touch")
" " (possible Phase 3 final) - Atomic Engraving 80%
Lower Parts Kit - Combat Armory (OEM; LPK's and buffer tubes will follow the lowers across builds)
Milspec ambi safety - Stag Arms
Ambi mag catch - CDNN Sports (Norgon clone)
Captive FCG pins - Guntec USA (not clone spec, but added for peace of mind and ability to take one sideplate off and shoot lube straight into the pins)
Buffer, spring and tube - Generic (from M4C Equipment Exchange)
Endplate (single-slot) - Canadian-surplus Diemaco
" (double-curved-slot) - Warlord Tactical (airsoft crap :( )
" ("side triangles") - Odin Works Ambi Sling/QD Plate
" (bent-back double-QD) - Tiger Rock SA011 with gunsmith-modified bend on the QD's
NOTE: For endplates I plan to let C. try out all four styles and decide what works best for her, then once it's all settled onto the final lower have her drive the stakes to lock it in.
Castle nut - Canadian-surplus CAR lock-ring
Grip - Standard A2, to be Gunkoted Napa Green
Stock - B5/Brownells CAR, to be Gunkoted Napa Green
CAR Recoil pad - Warlord Tactical, if I can either dye it green or use it as a "master" to mold a green version

Reference on common C7/C8 color variances in "Canadian Average Green" (with Magpul OD for comparison)
y65h84Qh.jpg

Last Edited:
The girlfriend's (technically *my*) C8A3 in progress...
View attachment 601500
With early left-side single-slot endplate.

View attachment 601501
With "not quite" mimic of latest CF bent-backward double-QD. (Issue version comes out farther and is bent 90 degrees straight back, this is toed out about 45 degrees.)

Components - final spec in green, unobtainium in red, substitutes or work-to-do in blue. Italicized parts are already here.

Upper Receiver Group - BCM C8 SFW, need to mute the white logo and swap BCM Gunfighter comp for A2 FH.
Front Sight Post - .050" Round Post (NOT like KNS .052" Round Dot) - (Blitzkrieg Components .040" Round Post)
Rear BUIS - Diemaco fixed "wedge" via a Canadian friend
Tri-Ad front-sight rail - BCM - G&G airsoft, until either BCM runs theirs again or I have an engineer frat-brother build a better one
Handguard - CAR six-hole skinny, to be Cerakoted Noveske Bazooka Green (see ref photo below)
Handguard rail - Cadex Defence CMR-418-01 Carbine Rail
Foregrip - Cadex Defence 622-000 green
Lower Receiver (Phase 1, temporary) - Aero Precision M4A1 clone, shared with companion M4
" " (Phase 2, possible temporary) - Umbrella Corp. (C.'s a Resident Evil fan, so I thought this would add a unique "personal touch")
" " (possible Phase 3 final) - Atomic Engraving 80%
Lower Parts Kit - Combat Armory (OEM; LPK's and buffer tubes will follow the lowers across builds)
Milspec ambi safety - Stag Arms
Ambi mag catch - CDNN Sports (Norgon clone)
Captive FCG pins - Guntec USA (not clone spec, but added for peace of mind and ability to take one sideplate off and shoot lube straight into the pins)
Buffer, spring and tube - Generic (from M4C Equipment Exchange)
Endplate (single-slot) - Canadian-surplus Diemaco
" (double-curved-slot) - Warlord Tactical (airsoft crap :( )
" ("side triangles") - Odin Works Ambi Sling/QD Plate
" (bent-back double-QD) - Tiger Rock SA011
NOTE: For endplates I plan to let C. try out all four styles and decide what works best for her, then once it's all settled onto the final lower have her drive the stakes to lock it in.
Castle nut - Canadian-surplus CAR lock-ring
Grip - Standard A2, to be Cerakoted Desert Verde (see ref photo)
Stock (option 1) - M&A Parts CAR, to be Cerakoted Highland Green
" (option 2) - Retro Rifles CAR OD-green
CAR Recoil pad - Warlord Tactical, if I can either dye it green or use it as a "master" to mold a green version

Reference on common C7/C8 color variances in "Canadian Average Green" (with Magpul OD for comparison)
View attachment 601502
Now THAT is unique and not something you see everyday. Very cool.

The green CAR buttpad, the forked rail and trying to match Canadian Average Green are the real hardest parts on the C8, since I'm not even going to bother with the Elcan C79/M145 optic (budget; GOOD LUCK finding one with the M4 reticle!) or the Eickhorn bayonet. (I was taught that gifting knives wounds a relationship, so if my gal wants to play with Sharp Pointy Things she's gonna have to buy her own...)

And as a bonus, while not clone-correct it was first completed with a pistol tube, so I can turn it back into a freakishly-huge pistol or use the lower in pistol builds at will. :D

I probably should have been more specific in my OP... I did intend for this to be a thread for clones of M4 variants used by our Military Special Forces.
There is a thread for general ARs already. Post your ARs (Expected to be Pic heavy)
I really don't think @Saffir was trying to be disrespectful... he was just trying to keep the thread on topic. You should see what happens on Arfcom when somebody posts a pic of something they consider even slightly non clone correct. Those guys are ruthless.
It is arfcom...

I'd post a clone I'm gonna be working on but its not an AR so I don't think it'd apply.

Some updates to my Block2..
Most importantly the Surefire M620v-a-tn light...
also added a FDE ergo grip, and replaced the KAC micro, with the clone correct full size KAC 300m aka "lollipop" sight.
I just need a to find someone to trade my black SOPMOD stock, and PRI Gasbuster Chargehandle for the same in Coyote/FDE and maybe a few more FDE rail covers.
B079C8B6-A166-49FD-A426-A4FA2693B075.jpeg BAFB4FC2-6DEA-483C-9A6F-CF4457AF3AA2.jpeg 84747561-C212-4B49-AE67-5C774FA821EF.jpeg D0AA837C-3D55-4476-BD10-60206A5F2CC7.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top