JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay final picture. Here is what I settled on. Cannot wait to go shoot this week.

IMG_2288.JPG

That looks really good honestly. When I shot mine I was kinda surprised that the recoil is more than the .223 but still quite pleasant. With Glock mags it makes such a good carbine. A perfect companion to 100+ and way more accurate than a pistol. Please report back your range results!

That looks really good honestly. When I shot mine I was kinda surprised that the recoil is more than the .223 but still quite pleasant. With Glock mags it makes such a good carbine. A perfect companion to 100+ and way more accurate than a pistol. Please report back your range results!

I'm definitely enjoying mine (the one I show in post #6). It's a ton of fun to shoot and has been 100% reliable. The new ATF ruling sure reinvigorated my interest in AR pistols :D

I haven't built one yet (deciding on AR-10 or AR-9).... any suggestions/recommendations on building an AR-9?
Allot of options to choose from. I originally was going to buy a PSA kit, but then a great deal came up on a lightly used barrel, handguard and compensator. Once I snagged that I started looking at the Quarter Circle Ten small frame Glock lowers and it just came together. I am probably double into this build of what I would have been with a PSA, however I think for my first AR9 it was done right. Next however I will be getting that AR-10 from PSA. Good luck with your next build!!

I haven't built one yet (deciding on AR-10 or AR-9).... any suggestions/recommendations on building an AR-9?

I like the PSA route simply because they are built specifically for this purpose. I've seen some folks mix and match parts but then have feeding or cycling issues. The PSA lower is built specifically wth a Glock magwell rather than a sleeve like some others. And the price is decent. I think for a first one, it's a great place to start.

20170614_180324.jpg 20170614_180409.jpg
This is one I'm currently working on. As a matter of fact I need to be out in the shop putting the finish on the lower so I can complete it. I really want one in .45ACP but can't find the right parts.

Just ordered the final parts for my AR-9 build today :)

(I also got a PSA-10 too since last post :))

Edit: open to any parts people dont want and would like to sell/trade...my A2 might go on the pay it forward thread with some other stuff

Last Edited:
Anybody bought the Freedom Ordnance PX-9 Pistol? They have one at a dealer in Bellevue, that I have bought from before.
hgn-ar9-fx9_2_web_preview.jpg

It looks like there are mixed reviews online, but problems might have been worked out with the early manufacturing runs.

I looked on Armslist for any available AR9 in western WA; the owner of the only used one in western Washington doesn't respond to emails (who would post an ad and then not reply to emails? Dumb). And the only new one I have found near me is the PX-9

In short, the PX-9 is the only available AR-9 i have found locally. Any tips?

as a follow up to my previous post, I ended up buying an AR9 from a local seller:

went to the mountains yesterday to shoot the new AR9 for the first time. My Troy full size AR didn't even make it out of it's hard case because these guys were so much fun to shoot.

20171226_141026cw8.jpg
20171226_141747cw8.jpg
20171226_144509cw6.jpg

AR9 is:
PSA Glock mag lower
Karri's Guns 8.3" barrell upper
Magpul M-lok rail covers
Magpul PTS AFG2 and Magpul M-Lok AFG2 adapter rail
UTG flashlight mount
Thorfire C8 flashlight
CAA flip up sights
SightMark Ultra Plus red dot
UTG 3x magnifier
A2 standard grip (soon to be replaced with an ATI finger groove grip)
KAK buffer tube and KAK Shockwave brace
SGM 33 round magazine

On order; muzzle flash can, and I need to order a few more extra mags for it.
I realized that the magnifier gets in the way of the rear flip up sight, so I had to move the red dot and magnifier forward. After moving them both forward a few rail slots, the back up iron sights work fine.

The HK 416d pistol has added Magpul AFG2, Magpul XTM rail covers, flip up 45 degree sights, UTG rail riser and Dagger Defense red dot, HK Parts buffer tube adapter, KAK Shockwave brace. My son is 7 years old and loves shooting it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top