JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got my first 1911 a couple of months ago (a Ruger SR1911) and now I am looking for a leather holster for it. I cannot decide between a open top holster or a thumb snap holster.
Post some pics of your 1911 holsters and give your input on where you got the holster and some input on open top or thumb snap, I have a open top for my S&W M&P 45c and I like but I am just not sure if I should go that way for a 1911.

I daily carry my Springfield TRP in either a Milt Sparks VM2 or a G-Code Incog. Holster is only half the equation though with a heavy gun like a 1911, a good gunbelt is critical.

DSCN0955_zps40e19fbb.jpg

DSCN0954_zpsf0ade432.jpg

When I'm driving I just use a rotating Fobus worn crossdraw. When I'm on the Harley whichever 1911 I am carrying is in a Galco shoulder holster. I'm just over 6 foot and haven't tucked a shirt in for years. I seem to get away with the use of a paddle holster for walking around. IWB types bit into my hips. Maybe I'm just fat. (Now no one has to say it.) I have to admit that this winter I picked up a Springfield XDS and it is so easy to just slip in a coat pocket. May have to change my summer carry choice.

No pics as of yet but I have a Miami classic shoulder rig for my SA Loaded. a Comp-tac Mino for my Glock 27, a Milt Sparks Axiom in Shark for my Dan Wesson Valor and a POS, made in china, nylon thigh rig for my Glock 20. I figure the G 20 will be my walking in the woods, falling in the mud/stream/fire pit gun so I didint want to spend 200$ on a holster for it.

I've got a Ted Blocker Holster coming, just bought a Colt 1911, and they had the fastest delivery time. I also have a belt from them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top