JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It never went full tilt on me, after every shot I have to push the trigger forward. I don't think it was the polish job since it worked fine before I installed the new trigger. The polish job was done pretty lighlty with compound and then steel wool. I'm kinda leaning towards it being a weak spring. I think tomorrow evening I'm going to try swapping some parts from my other rifle and see what happens. Pinkhamr thanks for the offer, ill let you know if I end up needing it. - Jason

Do you have an "over travel" set screw?
If so, I'd say you took to much of the over travel out of it. Your trigger requires a little bit to function properly.
If not, I'd say it's a weak trigger return spring.
There is a possibility you got the trigger return spring & the sear spring swapped.

Two 10/22's I have built. I have built more but don't have any photos of them.
S5032812.JPG

S5032104.JPG

RatAttackTack005-1-1.jpg

This build consists of the following:
Revival Tundra LH stock pillar bedded, receiver bedded, and free-floated barrel
Green Mountain fluted bull barrel w/ custom crown
Mueller APV 4.5-14 AO scope w/sunshades and Butler Creek flip-up caps
Rimfire Technologies complete trigger group ( tuned by Skeeter himself!) approx 1 lb. pull
Rimfire Technologies bolt handle, guide rod, and spring.
Rimfire Technologies adjustable V-block and mag release
Rimfire Technologies black nitrited bolt: chamfered and headspaced w/ reprofiled firing pin
Exact Edge Extractor
Also has a weaponcraft bolt buffer, automatic bolt release, and has had the receiver cross-bolted

I think the only stock part left on this is the receiver and the trigger guard!

Shoots TINY little groups with several different makes of ammo.

Top photo of the 10/22 has a E.R Shaw fluted bull barrel. The reciever is stock except I added a 1913 picatinny scope rail with a Centerpoint 4X16X50 with lockable target turrets and adjustable objective. The trigger system is stock except I did a tigger job and tune up using the stock trigger parts and ended up with a 2.5 pound pull. then I added a Bell and Carlson extended mag release and I took the stock bolt lock out and converted it to an auto bolt release. And I smoothed up and polished the bolt, then blued the side of the bolt that shows. I also installed Volquartsen springs and extractor in the bolt.
The stock is a tapco that originally was for a stock ruger taper barrel. I then took some dowel and sandpaper and enlarged the barrel channel to accept a bull barrel. After enlarging the barrel channel, the original tapco upper handguard would not fit. But I found on Ebay a seller, selling a custom all metal hanguard for the tapco stock that had been enlarged. I then did the semi-camouflage paint scheme on the stock using Krylon Fusion camouflage paint designed for plastic and synthetic materials. I used blue spruce branches for an overlay pattern while doing the new finish. I also added a folding front grip and i installed a 1913 picatinny rail on the right side of the stock up front to install a weapons light or a laser . The Bipod is a cheap quick release NcStar, but it works well for the 10/22.

I got this 10/22 on a trade, but actuall cash outlay from bone stock condition to as it is now, I have about a total of $300.00 into it. As for accuracy, I shoot it all day long and at 50 to 75yards 5 out of 5 rounds will hit the same hole each time, just with each shot the hole gets a fraction bigger with each shot.

The bottom photo is a 10/22 mounted into a folding Butler Creek stock. I cut the stock barrel down to 14.5 inches and threaded the end to accept a GI A2 flash suppressor. The reciever is stock except I did a trigger job and all the same work that I did on the trigger components of the 10/22 in the top photo and the same bolt work. I then took the original upper hanguard that was on the tapco stock in the top photo and adapted it to fit the Butler Creek stock. I then mounted a 1913 picatinny rail on the reciever and mounted a rear folding adjustable sight that is originally for AR-15 rifles, I did the same for the front sight, and mounted a front folding AR-15 buis sight. Then I also mounted a Truglo Holographic sight. Which I can also use my folding sights right along with the holographic sight if i wish. I also installed a Bell and Carlson ext. mag release on this rifle also. And i installed a picatinny rail on the underside of the forearm for a front pistol grip or a weapons light or a laser. I really like building 10/22 rifles as there is so much you can do with them.

What stock and other components did you use? Details would be wonderful if you're going to tease up with photos...

I'm planning on making a light box and taking better pics of my stuff. Here's an old iphone 3g pic of my 10/22.

This was the first firearm I owned, and still one of my favs.. Planning on getting a can this year.

I don't know what it is, maybe it's the modder in me that can't leave well enough alone. This thing is the honda civic of guns with the plethora of acc and parts available.

View attachment 193628

Pictured:
Hogue overmolded stock, 20" green mountain bull barrel cut/crowned, and threaded to 16", TacSol compensator, Power Custom Ti action, Bolt locker, Weaver rail, Harris bi-pod, buffer tech buffer, I also did some minor smithing and took my dremel to the breach and bored it a little more, so it takes any ammo! even if I exclusively use Thunderbolts.

I will have current pics in a few days..

The donor rifle was a standard carbine (used)

I put OD green Hogue over mold stock on it

An OD green Tactical Solutions Fluted aluminum barrel, with a black Tac-Sol compensator.

A Tasco World Class 1.5-4.5 x 32mm scope (I painted OD green) & Butler Creek covers.

I don't know what rings are on it because they came out of my "odds & ends" box. I couldn't began to remember where half that stuff came from!!

I radiused the bolt, fine tuned my head space, & then added a VQ firing pin & extractor

I polished my trigger group & reworked my hammer angle. It is now a crisp clean 2lb. 4oz. I also did the auto bolt release mod & made my own extended mag release, Then painted the housing (you guessed it, OD green)

This set up weighs in at, 6 lbs. 3.9 oz. with sling & bipod, & 5 lbs. 3.7 oz. with out

DSCF3027.jpg

DSCF3030.jpg

10/22 Magnum with GreenMountain Bull Barrel and Hogue OM Barrel, extended mag release and autobolt close, currently unshot but hope to change that this weekend if it does not sell first :)

Steven

Last Edited:
Thanks for sharing. I was very interested in that top build. If you have a link to the seller of the top handguard, I would appreciate knowing it. Thanks again. :s0155:

Top photo of the 10/22 has a E.R Shaw fluted bull barrel. The reciever is stock except I added a 1913 picatinny scope rail with a Centerpoint 4X16X50 with lockable target turrets and adjustable objective. The trigger system is stock except I did a tigger job and tune up using the stock trigger parts and ended up with a 2.5 pound pull. then I added a Bell and Carlson extended mag release and I took the stock bolt lock out and converted it to an auto bolt release. And I smoothed up and polished the bolt, then blued the side of the bolt that shows. I also installed Volquartsen springs and extractor in the bolt.
The stock is a tapco that originally was for a stock ruger taper barrel. I then took some dowel and sandpaper and enlarged the barrel channel to accept a bull barrel. After enlarging the barrel channel, the original tapco upper handguard would not fit. But I found on Ebay a seller, selling a custom all metal hanguard for the tapco stock that had been enlarged. I then did the semi-camouflage paint scheme on the stock using Krylon Fusion camouflage paint designed for plastic and synthetic materials. I used blue spruce branches for an overlay pattern while doing the new finish. I also added a folding front grip and i installed a 1913 picatinny rail on the right side of the stock up front to install a weapons light or a laser . The Bipod is a cheap quick release NcStar, but it works well for the 10/22.

I got this 10/22 on a trade, but actuall cash outlay from bone stock condition to as it is now, I have about a total of $300.00 into it. As for accuracy, I shoot it all day long and at 50 to 75yards 5 out of 5 rounds will hit the same hole each time, just with each shot the hole gets a fraction bigger with each shot.

The bottom photo is a 10/22 mounted into a folding Butler Creek stock. I cut the stock barrel down to 14.5 inches and threaded the end to accept a GI A2 flash suppressor. The reciever is stock except I did a trigger job and all the same work that I did on the trigger components of the 10/22 in the top photo and the same bolt work. I then took the original upper hanguard that was on the tapco stock in the top photo and adapted it to fit the Butler Creek stock. I then mounted a 1913 picatinny rail on the reciever and mounted a rear folding adjustable sight that is originally for AR-15 rifles, I did the same for the front sight, and mounted a front folding AR-15 buis sight. Then I also mounted a Truglo Holographic sight. Which I can also use my folding sights right along with the holographic sight if i wish. I also installed a Bell and Carlson ext. mag release on this rifle also. And i installed a picatinny rail on the underside of the forearm for a front pistol grip or a weapons light or a laser. I really like building 10/22 rifles as there is so much you can do with them.

DSCN5370.jpg

Just finished my first build. I'm not really happy with the scope but it will have to do for the moment. 2.7lb trigger, chamfered (sp?) bolt, GM 20" target w/modified Benz (whatever that means) chamber. Still need to add a front stud. Can't wait to go try it out :)

MountainBear Thankyou. Anyway you were wanting to know where I got the upper handguard for my 10/22 build. I went through all my purchase reciepts and I bought the upper handguard from a seller on Ebay back in October of 2009. It's an actual Bull Barrel conversion kit for the Tapco - Ruger 10/22 stock. The kit comes with the upper ventilated handguard, wooden dowel and sandpaper for enlarging your barrel channel. I paid $26.95 for the kit. The seller Ebay's name is jakofalltrds on Ebay. He is out of Evansville Indiana.
I don't know if he is selling on Ebay or not. But would be worth checking to find out. If your interested in this kit. It t is a very good high quality steel handguard. I hope this heps you.

Thanks for sharing. I was very interested in that top build. If you have a link to the seller of the top handguard, I would appreciate knowing it. Thanks again. :s0155:

Wow I thought I was crazy putting stupid money into my 10/22, but I gotta say I don't regret even though I have mine for sale since I am trying to fund a couple AK projects but I am sure I will regret it highly later if it sells. Ok its on a stainless receiver, Kidd trigger with flat trig blade, 1 to 2 lb 2 stage (highly recommend best trigger I have ever used), speed mag release, VolQ bolt and recoil spring, Swift firefly red dot, Christie stock, tactical solutions barrel with muzzle break, at 50 yds getting 1" groups with leopold scope I had and I am a decent shooter not the best.

Great Job on those builds guys and good to see others who love there 22's as much as I do!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top