JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some times 4 will have to do when 2 are not an option. IMG_20191012_111540514_HDR.jpg

Wow you guys got some good ones.
Is that in N.Y. state

My son got a doe, my brother got a doe, one friend got a doe, another friend got a doe and a buck and I got one buck and four does.the New York non-resident small game/big game license is $100 and you can get two doe tags for $10 a piece at the stores that sell hunting licenses.
And the doe tags are transferable.
I could of shot atleast ten more deer if some one needed them.
I was back in New York for three weeks of hunting and visiting family. I jus got back to Washington State at 6pm tonight. I brougjt back about 45 pounds of frozen meat. I used about 20 pounds of meat to make venison jerky and I dropped off 25 pounds of boned out meat to have proccessed into summer sausage, venison sticks, itialian sausage and five quarts of pickled itialian sausage.
I will be shareing most of it with family back there and I will have my brother mail me some.
It was a fun trip, i do it every year. When mason gets a little bigger I will take him back with me.
I took him back there for two weeks to do some squirrel hunting and we did a bunch of museums.
I should of took him to the car museum in Norwich. I went there a week ago and it was awesome. I will take him there on our next trip.
You shoud go back there with me some time deer hunting.
My round trip ticket was $357.

Its a moving picture. This was taken as part of my 4th degree black belt grading last Saturday. I was helping make a stack of kindling for those who still heat with wood :p

I play about 125+ senior softball games up and down the west coast each year plus we have this 10 month old yellow Lab to keep us busy. Knives are also a hobby that I have a lot of fun with.

Thanks
James

20200110_134214.jpg 20191212_120949.jpg

IMG_20130908_093148.jpg
My shooting buddy's gravel pit... he passed on 3yrs ago, so I don't get to go there anymore.

IMG_20131214_212632.jpg
Christmas in Quartzsite

IMG_20140312_093633.jpg
Backyard campfires

IMG_20140829_091924.jpg
Taking care of the roses

IMG_20141123_155207.jpg IMG_20141205_104527.jpg IMG_20141214_132721.jpg
Quartzsite winter living

IMG_20160905_123417.jpg
Our very last cruise, ever.

IMG_20180427_074901_1CS.jpg
Just gave the pooch a haircut

IMG_20180615_122934_4CS.jpg
Downsized because I can't drive to Quartzsite anymo, so we got one that is easier to camp in the woods.

IMG_20180731_110634_1CS.jpg
She was down for six months and bones never did heal right... shoulda had the surgery.

Tell us the last cruise ever story...there has to be one. I have avoided that activity on purpose so far...

K.

It was just about our 10th cruise. We used to like to go a lot before we got so decrepit. It gives a way to visit Ports of Call w/o having to pack your sh!t for each new place. And we actually liked dressing up when formal night was still popular. I did my first scuba during a cruise that visited St. Thomas as one of the stops and I got hooked on scuba. Food on the cruises we have been on was always the best one could get outside of visiting gourmet restaurants. We've never gotten the sch!ts virus, but the wife does get flu when exposed to Air Conditioning... she spent most of a Mexican Riviera cruise in the cabin while I entertained the parents. And went diving at Puerta Vallarta. I bought my folks tickets after a really good year of Home Inspections.

Anyway, why our last cruise ever.... Wife won't get on a plane anymore... ever. That limits cruising to west coast ports within driving distance. Since I refuse to enter S. Calif to get to Long Beach, that leaves Seattle or Vancouver BC.... maybe San Fran, but not going there either. After the last drive thru Seattle, I really prefer not to have a repeat.

Cruise was the Inside Passage. I had just been released from the hospital two days before from a burst appendix operation. Forgot to bring a cane, but fortunately was able to buy one from the medico onboard. Check in was a nightmare of new regs that I hadn't experienced with our other cruises and they wouldn't accept my original birth cert... I had to have a "Certified Copy"... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. Thought we were going to have to drive home but after an hour of haggling and consultations they let us on. Wife had a lil knife keychain she had to give up. And her hair dryer, curling iron, and clothes steamer had to be stored until we got back to original port. Boat was half full of screaming Chinese (no offense intended but they were LOUD)!

Otherwise, food was still great. We enjoyed the new anytime buffets, the entertainment (not a gambler and can't dance anymore), movies, too cold to swim (I don't think they even filled the pools), assigned dining, and specialty dining. We got a $100 onboard credit that we primarily used because their lattes are not free. Oh, and wine or gin/tonic.

Princess said when we bought the tickets that all tips were included/paid... onboard tips can be a big expense, as much as $300 (20yrs ago) all together for the Maitre'd, the waiter, the waiter's asst, and the room steward. However, we were embarrassed to find that other couples were tipping and we didn't have money budgeted for dat. Note: different trip... if you ever go someplace like Cabo and go on a fishing trip, expect to tip the captain and crew, especially if the fishing is really successful. We also gave them one of the Marlin we caught and let the other go. The Dorado and the big Yellowfin Tuna went home with us!!!

We had 3 Ports of Call and it was very boring because the excursions were extremely expensive compared to what we had in the past, and I was unable to hobble very far with my cane since I was less than a week out of abdominal surgery. BTW, I got home from the hospital the first day I had to crawl under the house to fix a busted water supply pipe that was gushing.

The glaciers were not as impressive as I thought they'd be, it was very cold and windy on deck at the glacier sites, people crowded the rails to get camera shots, not much calving, and the ship would not get close. Come to find out, our friend went on the same cruise a week later and were unable to enter Glacier Bay because of fog... never thought of that!!!

So, the wife is near 80, has cognitive impairment, won't fly due to fear, and we are done. Trying to enjoy life at home.

I highly recommend cruising. But you can't get away from the risk of Norovirus. And no matter how cheap the tickets are, bring lots of $$ for excursions, gambling, tips, etc.

:):)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top