JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saying hello to all my friends outside the house. Too bad the snakes won't come out for a photo shoot.

Also, I like rocks. Some have bits of random metal. This one had bits of metal and decayed organic material.

IMG_3855.JPG IMG_3857.JPG

Hi again,

I spotted this thread so I thought I'd jump in here for a moment.

I have two hobbies (that don't involve my wife or our pooches)

One is motorcycles.
Since my health is back again I can start riding and boy have I missed it.
Did not ride at all since Oct. of 2015. I think my bike hates me.
It's a 2006 Harley Heritage. I love this bike.

View attachment 345500

The other hobby is; I play lap steel guitar.......well, sort of.
I also buy old ones that no longer play or are beat to death and restore them.
The first one I did was a 1939 Rickenbacher Silver Hawaiian NS100. That explains my user name.

I couldnt PM ya for some reason,,,, but i wanted to share a video of a guy i thought was amazing on steel guitar. Maybe its You? :)

Wichita Lineman - YouTube

A friend called me a few weeks ago and told me he wanted me to build him a muscle car. Oh, come on I'm thinking. You know how much labor that is?...OK, I can do it in one year and it will cost $47,000. 500 HP 454 with nitrous, 4 wheel disk brakes, custom interior, new suspension wheels, paint, tires ...the works.

2 days later there $42K in my account. $5K upon completion and a 69 Chevelle in the garage. Getting busy for the winter.

9GU99a.jpg

Been Flying for close to 26 years, have owned three planes in the past, but this is my latest and most fun! It's a Sorta Cub and is the first "kit" sold in the states! I built my own engine using a high time engine that needed rebuilding. It's currently running a ROTAX 914 with the big inch kit and a cam, as well as low compression and a turbo. Currently makes 130 Hp and it's a hoot to fly! I wanted to build and fly it stock first to see how it fly's before doing a bunch of mods. I have about 660 hours logged so far, and have a full list of mods lined up for the winter!
20140621_182549.jpg 20140621_182741.jpg

I put a 4 speed in my old Camaro the other day . G Force clutch assist G101A. Basically a NASCAR grade beefed up Super T-10 with massive straight cut gears dog rings and no syncros . Good for 1000 HP ish. The Long shifter is a work of art.

Boy , Thats a lot of fun to drive. 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 shifts can be made completely without using the clutch and as fast as you can yank the lever. 30 lb flywheel and it really smoothed out the idle too. At 3000 or so cruise RPM its smooth and quiet.

zd7VrR.jpg

4JMKrb.jpg

It's a LSA ( Light Sport Aircraft) registered under "Experimental" rules! Basically, It's a Non Certified aircraft but not a Ultra light under the FAA rules! I can pretty much do any thing I want as long as I follow the mandated flight rules and I enjoy the full privileges of a basic pilots licence with out restriction!

With the factory specs, MTO is #1041 Useful is #440 and empty is #640
Currently flight tested and certified to MTO #1440 useful #830 and Empty#780
Stock with the 130 HP Turbo Rotax, thrust was #840
with the new engine, thrust is #1600+

If your looking or thinking, or just dreaming, www.wingswap.com almost always has a selection of PA-18's and variants listed. If I were looking for a Certified Cub like bird, I would look for ether a Newer PA-18 type, or Aviat Husky!
If your wanting to go LSA or Experimental, I would go Savage with the Cub S and upgrade the heck out of it!

23475224806_ddcaacffae_b.jpg

For $130,000 all in with the new latest and greatest Titan 180, 31 inch tundra tires, and basic avionics, this is an unbeatable deal for a brand new light weight, LSA class plane! You cannot beat this at any price!

It's a LSA ( Light Sport Aircraft) registered under "Experimental" rules! Basically, It's a Non Certified aircraft but not a Ultra light under the FAA rules! I can pretty much do any thing I want as long as I follow the mandated flight rules and I enjoy the full privileges of a basic pilots licence with out restriction!

Ever heard of the Plymocoupe or The Flying Automobile? It was an experimental plane built on 1936 that used a Plymouth car engine. Russell Owens (a family member) was the pilot on its voyage from Seattle to Anchorage. He was an interesting pilot, to say the least, and dad says he told some great stories.

I have heard of this!:D During my sojourn in the A.F. I did a bunch of historical research on the Air Mail routes and primitive navigation of the earliest days of flight! One of my Uncles was a pilot during those early days and had some wild stories! I had planned to replicate some of those routes using only the basic navigation available then but have yet to do it! Still would like to try it, many of the old markers still exist, some even maintained in working order!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top