JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi again,

I spotted this thread so I thought I'd jump in here for a moment.

I have two hobbies (that don't involve my wife or our pooches)

One is motorcycles.
Since my health is back again I can start riding and boy have I missed it.
Did not ride at all since Oct. of 2015. I think my bike hates me.
It's a 2006 Harley Heritage. I love this bike.

DSC_0094-2 for forum 1.jpg

The other hobby is; I play lap steel guitar.......well, sort of.
I also buy old ones that no longer play or are beat to death and restore them.
The first one I did was a 1939 Rickenbacher Silver Hawaiian NS100. That explains my user name.

for forum 1.jpg

It now looks great and plays beautifully......and it's older than I am. It's a miracle...........

Another is a 1944 Electromuse. This poor thing was a mess but it looks ok and plays well now.

forum 3.jpg

So that's about it.
When I am not playing with my pooches or hiding from my wife I am in the garage working
on a guitar or up in my music room playing.
The bike is also going to get attention. I took my first ride in over a year last week.
Still can't wipe the stupid grin off my face....:)

IMG_0281.JPG
Well my main hobby would probably be brazian jiu jitsu. The wife probably thinks I spend way too much time at the gym but I'd be there all day every day if I didn't have to work...

And then I guess that brings me to number two.... not sure if it can classify as a hobby if it's my job too but working on an riding motorcycles. IMG_0384.JPG

Not sure if it counts since I get paid for it but I still love it.

I mainly ride road. I'm interested in cyclocross and track. There is a velodrome close to my house in SW called Alpenrose Alpenrose Velodrome | Track racing for our 50th season in Portland, Oregon. I lift at home with dumbbells and kettlebells, tryna keep in a little bit of shape. My wife and I own a small graphic design studio; so I'm hunched over a computer most of the time. That's so bad for your body!

what do you think of those shoe covers? I also ride - 200+ miles a week. rain or shine snow or hail.

I just got back into RC airplanes last year. I was into RC airplanes back in the early 1990s but they were all glo-fueled and had to buy the airplane, transmitter/receiver, and engine separately back those days. I only two balsa and plywood planes back the day. Now it is quite a bit cheaper to get into the RC planes. All of my planes are EPO Foam now.

IMG_1309.JPG IMG_1665_1.JPG IMG_1198.JPG IMG_1300.JPG

Last Edited:
@Tony617 Nice! An R/C B-52 is on my Bucket List, but an A-6 Intruder would probably be better to learn on. Know of any that are better bang for the buck than the Kyosho? Or a Warthog?

I know once upon a time there was an about 2' foamie free-flight and an R/C conversion kit for it, but that's long gone...

You shine the toes because shoe eventually cracks as you wear them in. While you do polish the entire shoe, mostly to make them look new, you don't spit shine the entire shoe. The cracks will show and look awful if you do.

You also don't get rubber soles... I had to settle for a rubber heel, but only cause its not noticeable. Dress shoes have annoying rules...

All I have is my 'dress' Columbia high-ankle X-country shoes, and I'm guessing they wouldn't take much of a shine.

OTOH, I don't go anywhere that needs me to wear fancy shoes of any kind - hell, I'm mostly sockless, even.

tac

If you see me around the house the first thing you'd notice is I hate wearing shoes, don't even like socks. But as much as I hate wearing shoes, I have shoes for different situations.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top