Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

show off your steel targets

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by plumberfishes, Feb 12, 2012.

1. plumberfishes

plumberfishes Gresham oregon Active Member

I saw where some one had made a batch of old leaf springs into targets, and another guy had an old flywheel set up for a target..... so I thought how about a thread just for showing off targets. I have 3 that go up with us every time we go shooting,
    The fist and oldest,,, with well over 2000 rounds in on and through.
    The newest rifle, 24" 100 yard gong.
    And my favorite toy , we call it "the bells" each plate rings just a bit different.

2. Old Hick

Old Hick Oregon Active Member

My son built this several years back when he was in school. Got an A+ on it...

P1030090.jpg

Stay Safe.

3. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

plumberfishes your targets look very dangerous. Those deep dimples will become very dangerous over time, use proper steels.

4. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

When she was brand new.

IMG_3318.jpg

IMG_3317.jpg

5. plumberfishes

the only "deep dimples " are in the ar400 and they are from my 17y/o shooting them too close with a 30/30.... it was an error that was corrected as for the mild steel I don't worry much about ricochets at 50 yards, if it has enough to bounce back that far it kinda just seems to go on through.

6. plumberfishes

so what does one of those larue's cost?,,,, nice looking target.

7. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

It was pricey, $400.00 + pricey but I figure I'll be shooting it the rest of my life so money well spent. Can be shot with everything except .50BMG.

8. rockstardrnkr

rockstardrnkr Vancouver Active Member

Dang seems like I am in the wrong business I should start building Targets at my Job.

Actually I just may, had a couple elk cut on the burn table but now I requested some mickey mouse heads and plan on welding them to some tube to make a spinning target.

Will post pics when I get them.

9. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

I made some steel targets out of leaf springs. Amazing how well the spring steel holds up to handgun rounds even the Desert Eagle .50 cal.
    May God bless us all,
    Mike