JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought the upper as a 16" Lo-pro Recce and it had the early quad rail on it. I swapped that for the KMR which I like much better.

I built the lower using a stripped Gen III. It has a Velocity trigger, a PWS enhanced buffer tube and a JP captured spring buffer, Odin works extended mag button and a short swing ambi safety.

I really like the Leupold firedot 1.25 x 4 Really quick and just seems to fit the rifle well.

My lower is a Gen 1 N4. It matches the upper's finish perfectly.

I originally built this gun with a early (4 digit serial number) N4 lower, It was together like that for several years. I built that into another gun when I got this lower. I have a gen 3 stripped upper and a new 16" Light Recce barrel. When I get that upper together it will go on this lower and this upper will go back on the other Noveske lower.

IMG_0282.JPG Here is my Noveske build next to my Areo Precision M5.
Noveske MUR upper with 16" middy 1x9 SS barrel. John experimented some 1x9 barrels only about a dozen were made and for what I wanted it was prefect. Lower is a N4 Gen 1. Topped with an Aimpoint ML3 and a BCM KMR Alpha rail.

Musical lowers. I know that dance! :D

I played that today with my Rogue Defense and left handed Stag today. My Rogue Defense has an 18" barrel and rifle length gas system, so I had to try my Bushmaster lower with the PRS and see what kind of recoil difference there was vs the carbine ACS stock. Played around with different wt. buffers in the carbine stock too. It's all fun....

I bought the upper as a 16" Lo-pro Recce and it had the early quad rail on it. I swapped that for the KMR which I like much better.

I built the lower using a stripped Gen III. It has a Velocity trigger, a PWS enhanced buffer tube and a JP captured spring buffer, Odin works extended mag button and a short swing ambi safety.

I really like the Leupold firedot 1.25 x 4 Really quick and just seems to fit the rifle well.

Looks awesome man. I like it..

My lower is a Gen 1 N4. It matches the upper's finish perfectly.

I personally like the n4 gen 1. They are reasonably priced and are Noveske quality. I also went with a gen 1 lower specifically to match my gen 1 upper... Not a thing wrong with that way of thinking... I guess maybe old school in a way, but that's how I am ..... I guess..:D

Alright, this rifle is finished I think... I want to say I'm on the fence about the Gen 3 PRS, but love how it feels off the bench. I still think the Gen 2 PRS looks better. But do you take looks over function? Generally, I'll take function any day over looks, but this one has me stumped. I like the longer LOP on the Gen 3. I had to install an "enhanced" rubber pad to lengthen the LOP on the Gen 2 and it's still a tad short (adjusted all the way out). Yesterday, I was messing around and put my Gen 2 stock (from my LH Stag) on it. Here's how it looked:

IMG_1114_zpst2gcqarq.jpg

Today I took it out and shot it, with the new Gen 3 stock I got yesterday. Here are the results:

IMG_1120_zps6tlpbtbe.jpg
IMG_1119_zpsdwika19a.jpg
IMG_1123_zpsprupqzl1.jpg
2 10 shot groups shot back to back. Distance: 101 LRF yards..

I'm also really liking the Raptor ambi charging handle. Since I'm a left handed shooter, it works out great and would also work great if you shoot right handed as well. I have another one on my Rogue defense that I'll be pulling and putting on my LH Stag. Even though I really enjoy the Rogue Defense, it may go on the chopping block. Still undecided on that though:
IMG_1115_zpswdpz2v24.jpg

Last Edited:
Handloads consisting of FC brass that I picked up at the range last time out, 69gr. sierra matchking, RL15, BR4, loaded at mag box length.

I'm going to zero mine in on Sunday. But I don't reload so I'm going to use some PMC X-Tax 62 grain ammo I have laying around. Not the greatest, but probably better than the bulk IMI 55 grain I have piles of.

I'm going to zero mine in on Sunday. But I don't reload so I'm going to use some PMC X-Tax 62 grain ammo I have laying around. Not the greatest, but probably better than the bulk IMI 55 grain I have piles of.

I've heard some good things about the PMC X-tac 62gr. loads. I also shot some of the PMC X-Tac today, but it was the 77gr. version. Shot real well, but not quite as good as my handloads.. I'll bet your rifle will like that 62gr. PMC. It's great ammo that works for just about every twist rate you can think of...

My barrel is 1/7. I was thinking of getting some 75 or 77 grain match ammo just to try out as well.

My barrel is 1/7. I was thinking of getting some 75 or 77 grain match ammo just to try out as well.

I bought 7 boxes of the 77gr. X-Tac hoping it would shoot good in my 1 in 7 Rogue Defense, but found out my handloads shoot better in that rifle as well. Hopefully you have a little better luck with it than I have. I haven't shot it far enough to reap the benefits though... When I bought it, it was around $15.00/box at NW Armory..

Hey, it's about time you saw this thread. :p.. I know you have some nice noveske's laying around....!!! I'm loving that upper I bought from you man....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top