Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Show me your Draco

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Benny503, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

I got mine on Jan 23rd at gp gun show, I really like the way it shoot. Just like an AK, no issue out of the box. I shot over 100 rounds without a hick up. Haven't shoot it with the AK drum yet, but soon will enjoying it.
    This is what I got out of the box,
    IMG_2749.JPG

IMG_2755.JPG

Couple weeks later my Draco is turning into a tacticool pistol
    IMG_2825.JPG
    IMG_2819.JPG

I am looking for another Draco-C for SBR, please let me know anyone see one for sale locally.

IMG_2749.JPG

IMG_2755.JPG

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2825.JPG

2. Benny503

my edc
    IMG_2827.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

3. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Since WA legislature in it's "wisdom" eliminated our RIGHT to carry concealed, loaded long guns, these pistols have very much appealed to me for a car/truck gun. I think a compact holo/reflex sight would work very well

I'm guessing that an AOW would also not be allowed for concealed carry in WA..

4. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

I picked one up from NBR with his last group buy. Sanded and stained the hand guards, adde a Tapco slanted muzzle brake, Hogue grip and the other night made a sling attachment similar to the vm-1 unit, but only cost me about $1 not the $30 they charge. :thumbup:

94118e12.png

1c25aee3.png

15e0ab95.png

5. Blitzkrieg

Great idea, simple!

6. Benny503

BMGM37, does it require a lot of machine to do the sling attachment? If it something simple then would you please let me know how to do it? If it require lot of machine work then can I order couple from you? I am willing to buy your since your is much better then the vm-1. I was going to order from vm-1 but the sling holder is square not circle like your, I will be using HK hook and the vm-1 square hole will run the hook all over the place. I like it circle. Please let me know in here or PM me :)

7. bmgm37

They are not hard to make at all and I made it in about 15 minutes. Now I do have a drill press and metal bandsaw in my shop which made it easier but to be honest you can do it with a vise, hacksaw, drill and files. Basically the only part that is important is the notch for the trigger guard and the placement of the grip lug. The hardest part was filing the drilled hole square but that only took 5 minutes. You could make it longer out the back if you wanted or shape it different. I made it out of a piece of 1/8" thick 1" wide flat stock.

8. Benny503

Too bad you dont want to make couple for me :-( I really like the look at your sling plate then vm-1 and others. If you ever want to sell that sling plate to go with other project please let me know, I will take it if I didnt buy one yet.

9. bmgm37

Stay tuned....checking into it

10. Benny503

OK, I will sit here patiently drooling and waiting. :) if it work out I would love to have 2.

11. bmgm37

Checking into having these laser cut and I will be bending them. cutting price not great on small runs . I will need to find a source to have them Parked so that would add to the cost.

12. Benny503

No problem, I am sure there will be few members here want it too. Draco pistol is so popular now these day. Once I get the sling on, I may use it as my everyday cary, my rainbowl p238 will be my backup gun :)

Oh for those that pm me asking the Flash hidder I have on is a Noveske KX3 with M14x1LH thread, they name it The Breathing Fire pig.

13. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

If you want a price let me know what you are looking for. I work with a guy who does laser work and he does a ton of stuff for me. I could build Benny one but hek sounds like you have it covered. Also for the coating check out BNR32 he does coating and is a sponsor on the board.

14. Blitzkrieg

Could you just find steel straps from say Tacoma Screw or the hardware store for blanks?.. just a few simple hacksaw cuts and a little grinding and a few passes with a drill press and you're there

15. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

SHTFweapon.jpg

16. Benny503

oh you cocteaser :) do you have any Draco-c available? I need one for SBR.

17. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

PM sent

SF-

18. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

bubblegum WASHINGTON.

19. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

+1 I want to move home so bad it makes me sick.

SF-

20. Benny503

BMGM37,
    how is the sling holder project going? I just want to let you know that I still want 2 :). Benny