JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He got his dog addicted to coke. Kids are probably upset with him.
Ya, but TO ME, buying a used BBQ is like buying used shoes..........:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for the thought though:D.

Sick! Athletes foot in your mouth! Buy a new one...Your post made me think of old shoes compared to what I eat from. Thanks for that! Mine is not used yet I still threw up in my mouth.

UPDATE!............UPDATE!..........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The right side lid hinge broke last night, and that broke the left side hinge.

So, it's now a topless BBQ.

I guess I need to start researching a little more........

That Weber is such a BIG BBQ, I don't think I would ever fill the grill..

I think I'll sell the Weber, and buy a smaller Weber & smallish gas grill.

I'm going to try to stay away from the cheap China crap, but don't want to spend $4-500 on a BBQ.

.I have an OLD (30 yrs?) Hibachi smoker I inherited from my Dad.

He used to smoke some mean roasts in it, but I've never tried it........

Maybe it's time:D:D:D:D:D

Is there such a thing as a gas/wood BBQ all in one?
Also, do these side heating burners last, or do they burn out quickly.
They seem very cheaply built.
Those lil Hibachi's work good I had one a long time ago. They are Classic and portable, plus they don't need much coals or wood and they cook fast being a small Bbq.

Wtf. I typed the dog coke thing way back when you had it under your avatar. Why the hell would that post way later on a completely separate thread?
I have no idea why or where I was going with that but it might have been funny....a few months back.

Those lil Hibachi's work good I had one a long time ago. They are Classic and portable, plus they don't need much coals or wood and they cook fast being a small Bbq.

Ya, this one is about 3 1/2 feet tall, some sort of clay or pottery, or something.
It weighs about 125#

I don't think they even make them any longer.
:D

But you're right.

I remember looking at the charcoal my Dad would put in it, thinking "that's not enough to smoke that roast for 4 hours".

He would ad 1 oe 2 pieces a few hours later...........that's it.:D

Ya, this one is about 3 1/2 feet tall, some sort of clay or pottery, or something.
It weighs about 125#

I don't think they even make them any longer.
:D

But you're right.

I remember looking at the charcoal my Dad would put in it, thinking "that's not enough to smoke that roast for 4 hours".

He would ad 1 oe 2 pieces a few hours later...........that's it.:D

My dad still has one of those light brown clay looking ones. Has had it since I was a little kid. It works great!

Wtf. I typed the dog coke thing way back when you had it under your avatar. Why the hell would that post way later on a completely separate thread?
I have no idea why or where I was going with that but it might have been funny....a few months back.

Ya, every once n a while strange things happen here..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But I didn't understand, and didn't want to undersatnd our post, so it really doesn't matter:D:eek::rolleyes:o_O:(;)

Ya, every once n a while strange things happen here..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But I didn't understand, and didn't want to undersatnd our post, so it really doesn't matter:D:eek::rolleyes:o_O:(;)

Well that makes two of us. Do not understand how but I always did laugh about the dog addicted to coke thing. It is unfortunate that new members are now deprived of that.

@NoFlinch - what are you going to cook.

Geese this is a gun forum and you know when someone asks what gun should I get he answer will be Glock and 1911 and shot gun and ....

What are you going to cook?

If you don't know, you'll end up with the wrong thing.

Grill == fast and hot. Steak, Chops, Burgers. For one or 2, just use a charcoal chimney starter*. I always liked those Hibachi's too.
BBQ == Long time cooking. Low temp, smoke maybe.

When I had 2 dogs, I went to gas - cause once I was done, they would be very interested in the still screaming hot grill. Last thing I wanted was for it to get knocked over.

If you go gas, get one which is likely to have replacement parts way into the future. Brinkman, Coleman, Weber.

@NoFlinch - what are you going to cook.

Geese this is a gun forum and you know when someone asks what gun should I get he answer will be Glock and 1911 and shot gun and ....

What are you going to cook?

If you don't know, you'll end up with the wrong thing.

Grill == fast and hot. Steak, Chops, Burgers. For one or 2, just use a charcoal chimney starter*. I always liked those Hibachi's too.
BBQ == Long time cooking. Low temp, smoke maybe.

When I had 2 dogs, I went to gas - cause once I was done, they would be very interested in the still screaming hot grill. Last thing I wanted was for it to get knocked over.

If you go gas, get one which is likely to have replacement parts way into the future. Brinkman, Coleman, Weber.

That reminds of when I was using a gas grill. I was looking out the window and the cat ran up and jumped on top....cat was trying to run but slipping in place as the bbq burned skin off. Think like a burn out of your tires...smoke and all.

Being the messed up man I am I laughed so hard once cat was off. I love the cat but damn that was some insanely crazy funny stuff to see

No Flinch, whatever you get, make sure it has stainless grills! Cast iron and porcelain coated cast iron will rust and turn to crap. Then you'll be cooking your shoes...um, food, on rusty steel. As RicinOR said, something with a name and you'll have replacement parts available on line for less than local.

P1030902.JPG

I've been running this Chinese Ducane for eight years. I put a canopy over it in winter. Burner tubes are readily available online. Payed about $700.00 for it. All metal is stainless.

I also run a Brinkman Kettle for when I want to charcoal/smoke chicken quarters. I also do a pork butt on occasion, a good smoking in the kettle and then finish it off in the oven.

Last Edited:
I'm out of town at the moment, so I can't take a photo, but 3 years ago, I bought a portable Weber gas grill that's great for us. I got the one with the bigger cooking surface, but not so big as to be too much. I also got the stand/cart for it for when I have it at home. You can cook with the small bottles if you're out camping or a picnic, or get the adapter hose and connect to a large tank, which is what I do at home. It's been a nice grill, though something I've notice with Weber gas grills (and I've used a number of them), is that they don't seem to get quite as hot, or recover heat as quickly as some others. But it's built far better than my last one, which looked very similar to your current model - the burner of which literally disintegrated in my hands - just a bunch of little pieces.

Anyway, here is a link to the current model (mine's the older Q220):

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-54060001-Liquid-Propane-Grill/dp/B00FDOON9C

237cbb39dc6a16ad4f2077a0c7879eb9.jpg

image.jpg

Cabelas Veritcal water smoker. Filled with lump charcoal not using propane this time... 10lb pork shoulder. Started 4 hours on the smoker. Finished up in crockpot.

Did that last night. Wouldn't believe the smell through the house.

<broken link removed>

I can bbq, low temp smoke, grill... Do whatever I want on this thing. Nothing like 180* for 8 hours to make something tasty.

Now that's the way to go.......

I've always liked that style of Q. You can get enough heat in the side cooker to do burgers/steaks. You can cook for a crew using the large part, or you can cook low and slow using the side for fire with you choice of wood and cooking in the large side. I heat with wood, maple alder being my preferred burn, and if had people over much that,s the set up is what I would have.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top