JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I admit it.

I have a POS BBQ. ......................... 010.JPG 007.JPG

001.JPG 003.JPG

BUT IT STILL WORKS!:s0069:.........:s0090:..............:s0105:

The handle is broken off.

The striker quit a year ago.

The name badge fell off.

The shroud that goes over the burners corroded 2 years ago.

The hinge for the top is almost gone.

I have a brand new top of the line Large Webber that I was thinking about using, but I really like the convenience of gas.

SO, I'm thinking about making one, or buying another.:s0092:

Or should I just keep the one I have??o_O...........:s0092:

What do you have?:confused:

Ideas?:D

I would use it until it is absolutely dead, and then I would save it for parts or part of the thrifty junk pile on the Lower 40. ;) I have an old Charcoal Webber Kettle Bbq with a custom modified wheel held on with the trusty Vice Grips! It works great and my Rib Eye steaks marinated with my own seasoning recipe and cured in the fridge for 3 days and then grilled on top of Mesquite chunks and charcoal are so GOOD!:) An old friend of mine had the same ol black Webber Kettle Bbq and he would make the BEST smoked turkey breast in it. Me and his family and another friend were on a trip to Idaho and decided to smoke a Turkey Boob out in the middle of nowhere in the Idaho Desert and all we could find for fire to cook with was Sage brush. We figured it would taste like crap but we were starving and I'll be Damned, that was some of the best smoked turkey we made, LOL.

Traeger. Electric is just as easy as gas and that smoke flavoring from the pellets is awesome. I had one that looked like yours....or worse and bought the mini traeger. Absolutely no hot spots and I can fit 4 racks of ribs on it.
If you like smoked fish or smoked anything it is perfect. Cooks MY Rib eye like I never experienced before. So flipping good.

Well yeah the site is not the way to go for sure. I got mine for 250 but I had tried food from one and knew I liked it. I still think just a charcoal BBQ or basic gas works fine. Just really like the ease of use of the traeger. I had a few folks on here tell me it was cheating to use one of them. I AM A CHEATER AND LOVE IT!

I quickly went to their site, and the 1st thing I notices was "3 easy payments":eek:

Holy crap........do I have to take out a loan to buy one of these?:rolleyes:

Then I saw BUBBA looking at a jar of rub.:(

I need something with a better "over all feel of pride of ownership"..............:D:cool::confused::(;):rolleyes:o_O:D:D:D:D:D:D
If you go on Craigslist I have seen nice used gas and electric Bbq's and smokers in the $ 50 range.;)

Old school BBQ read low and slow, is not about the product as much as it is the process. The fact you can turn out great meat as well as have ample time to spend with friends and family is in my humble opinion the only way to go.

This is what we currently use. BTW the cooker in the foreground is over 30 years old.

image.jpg

Old school BBQ read low and slow, is not about the product as much as it is the process. The fact you can turn out great meat as well as have ample time to spend with friends and family is in my humble opinion the only way to go.

This is what we currently use. BTW the cooker in the foreground is over 30 years old.

View attachment 238169

I prefer my electric walk away and hang out smoker but I liked it because of your quote. Bail money cracks me up. I feel that way often.

View attachment 238169
Ya, I agree I like the Old School method's of Smoking with real wood and lump charcoal. Nice thing is you can get your cooking- smoking fuel for FREE! I have used Manzanita to cook with and it works great and lump charcoal can be made at home. I have a similar Brinkman Bullet Smoker like yours that I use and I made some Jerky out of Beef Round and it came out nice and soft, not too dry. My Wife didn't like the smoke flavor so I had to eat all of it, that was tough.

I admit it.

I have a POS BBQ. ......................... View attachment 238158 View attachment 238159

View attachment 238155 View attachment 238156

BUT IT STILL WORKS!:s0069:.........:s0090:..............:s0105:

The handle is broken off.

The striker quit a year ago.

The name badge fell off.

The shroud that goes over the burners corroded 2 years ago.

The hinge for the top is almost gone.

I have a brand new top of the line Large Webber that I was thinking about using, but I really like the convenience of gas.

SO, I'm thinking about making one, or buying another.:s0092:

Or should I just keep the one I have??o_O...........:s0092:

What do you have?:confused:

Ideas?:D

Idea... FATHERS DAY! Coming soon to a June near you!

View attachment 238169

Love my Brinkman (s). Had two. One was propane and one charcoal. Propane rusted out at the burners. The charcoal is my go to unit and still going strong. So, I gutted the propane, had my sheet metal shop build a new round base, reused the racks, pans, upper and lid. Now it's my 2nd favorite BBQ. It's probably better than the original because I made it a little more convenient. Mostly use it as a smoker. Slow and low!

I am between BBQ's right now. After my last one was reduced to its basic elements, I've been kind've reluctant to replace it.

Stainless is the new wonder-metal of BBQ's, and I've been shopping for a new stainless BBQ. I've found them with a stainless hood, stainless grids, and stainless burners, but they are still not using stainless for the shroud (heat plates) that covers the burners. That's one of the first things to go.

So, guess I'll keep waiting.:rolleyes:

WAYNO.

UPDATE!............UPDATE!..........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The right side lid hinge broke last night, and that broke the left side hinge.

So, it's now a topless BBQ.

I guess I need to start researching a little more........

That Weber is such a BIG BBQ, I don't think I would ever fill the grill..

I think I'll sell the Weber, and buy a smaller Weber & smallish gas grill.

I'm going to try to stay away from the cheap China crap, but don't want to spend $4-500 on a BBQ.

.I have an OLD (30 yrs?) Hibachi smoker I inherited from my Dad.

He used to smoke some mean roasts in it, but I've never tried it........

Maybe it's time:D:D:D:D:D

Is there such a thing as a gas/wood BBQ all in one?
Also, do these side heating burners last, or do they burn out quickly.
They seem very cheaply built.

<broken link removed>

Thanks for that, but...................
I'll let someone else buy that gem....:D:D:D

I can afford a $500 BBQ, I just don't want to spend that kind of money on one.

I think they all are really overpriced for what you get..............one of the best ones I ever had was one of those tabletop propane jobs..........I paid $25 new, and it lasted 4 years.:cool:

I've been researching gas grills this AM.

Price range is up to $250......

I can't find a thing that doesn't have at least 25% bad reviews (3 stars or less).

I may end up buying another $25 tabletop......which is now $35............

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top