JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks!
That's a 2.5X Bushnell Phantom II.
It's actually a pistol scope, but when you stick the scope that far away, you need the long eye relief they possess.
He got it so it was easier to see through the brush, where we usually deer hunted, but it's too powerful for that.
1.5x-1.75x would work much better.

Dean

JM stamped custom Marlin 1895 .45-70 71DB8789-270F-41BC-96F3-E5005124EFDA.jpeg

SO wanna shoot one of those .30-40's!

I honestly cant tell nay difference in recoil between the .30-40 and the .30-06 but then they are similar loads. Both are a 220 grain Hornady just ones is a little faster. For some reason they put a weird 1:12.5 twist on the .30-40's but stayed with a 1:10 for the .30-06. Seems to stabilize the slower moving 220 grain bullets just fine though

There is no drool smiley! @Cheezit
I want to recreate what you've got there, would you mind writing down a parts list?

Only thing I would like to change is I want to thread the barrel. I'd like to start with one of these in .357 magnum, but eventually want a .45-70, .44 mag, and a .45 LC.

Love that gun :cool:

Longer magazine tube and spring from Numerich Gun Parts ( had to fill one dovetail on underside of barrel and cut a new one, had to cut the new magazine tube and spring to proper length)
XS Sights Lever Rail Ghost Ring WS(includes front and rear sight) with DRC rear sight protector (DRC no longer available)
Pachmyr grind-to-fit recoil pad (had to remove 3/4" from the buttstock to maintain LOP)
Uncle Mike's Hammer Spur Extension
Leupold VX-2 1.5-4x28 Scout IER scope (no longer available)
Leupold QRW2 scope rings

I had all the metal parts done in Cerakote Graphite Black.
Did it all my self except cutting the new dovetail and doing the Cerakote.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top