JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh my, that looks like fun. Most assuredly said setup with a 9㎜/.38 silencer would be something wonderful. :D

that would be a nice setup ;)
46469067662_c579dd245f_k.jpg

Just added the rail...still on the fence though
46020355014_dd364a1ab7_b.jpg

FWIW, for those who have searched for the rare and elusive .375 Winchester, Starline has new brass in stock if you reload. Aside from being moderately brutal in recoil at least in a mod 94, I'm surprised this one hasn't become more popular. I'm just sure it's on the verge of a big comeback like the .45-70 ;)

I like to think of a .375 Winchester as a .38-55 +P...problem is, been so long since anyone made the loads or chambered one for a gun, not too many people know what shooting a .38-55 is like...much less, what a ".38-55" is! :confused:

The ammunition is still very much available. It ain't cheap but it's still available. Just check with my supplier and found it is currently Out of Stock but it would be $54.00 for a box of Winchester 200gr. Power Point. As I said not cheap.:)

A few years ago when Winchester started making the ammo for .375 Win, I bought 10 boxes over about 6 months time. The lowest price was $42 a box. I was down to 17 rounds, 15 200 grain ad 2 250 grain. I also purchased 100 pieces of brass from Jamison and found 50 pieces of original Winchester brass online. I have more than 1200 Sierra 200 grain soft-points for reloading and plan on getting some different weights from Vollmer.

I also bought 4 boxes of Buffalo Bore 255 grain 38-55 from a guy for $30 a box. I haven't shot any in my Marlin yet, but should be similar to the Winchester 250 grain .375 that they used to make.

I may look at the Starline depending on price and buy some more. I think that I am stocked up as much as I need for me and for the grandkids.

The first outing with the .375, I shot a box of Winchester 250 grain bullets. My shoulder was a little sore after that.

A lever gun that has your pocket as it's magazine ;)
A Martini Cadet rifle in .310 Cadet. A very cute little rifle. Made by BSA (pretty sure that's Birmingham Small Arms, not Boy Scouts of America, LOL) it has a 'Roo image stamped on it. I have yet to shoot it since it's relatively new to me. I've only had it for about 37 years. All things in good time. I picked up some some new Aussie brass a few years ago but I need to get a bullet mold. So many projects and so little time:oops:

Cadet.JPG

Nice lookin' gun, Ownerus.
I understand those Martini Cadet's were built as training rifles for troops that were new, or fairly new, to shooting....and I believe that's the same BSA that built the motorcycles.

Yup. Like Husqvarna who makes chainsaws and sewing machines. Started out making guns.
I think, judging partly from the size (it's small), that it was made more for young cadets rather than actual new soldiers. A very pretty little rifle. The wood in the stock is beautiful.

Yeah, I noticed that stock, too. Sweet!
Remember, the average person was actually smaller then, than we are now...so that could at least partly explain its diminutive size (think about other vintage guns and how they seem a bit...dainty...could be why).
...and interesting that you brought up Husqvarna...do they still make guns?....Now I gotta find out.....

...EDIT: Found out production was taken over by Antonio Zoli in the early 70's and is still produced as the "AZ 1900". The guns cannot be imported into the united states for some reason, although you may be able to order one through a Zoli dealer.
zoli

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews