JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
so it appeared and the cycling just wasn't as smooth as the .357.
Wouldn't smooth up with normal cleaning or polishing?

Too bad it had to go back. Of all the idiosyncrasies common to the the BBB models rough cycling is not one ya hear of often! My BBB .357 is as smooth as butter.

Hopefully it comes back working well!

I'm just glad I have my Marlins, they are all as smooth as silk.
Typically Henrys are pretty smooth as well - especially the earlier models.
It seems their problems started with the 'All Weather' models and the Long Rangers.
These two have had probably more reported problems than most others.

Sounds to me like they're farming out most of their production work to several "factories" and the guys who have the All Weather and Long Ranger accounts aren't doing a very good job....but I bet the price is right. o_O

Wouldn't smooth up with normal cleaning or polishing?

Too bad it had to go back. Of all the idiosyncrasies common to the the BBB models rough cycling is not one ya hear of often! My BBB .357 is as smooth as butter.

Hopefully it comes back working well!

Considering the feeding issue, I didn't want to take what didn't work and spend time making it smooth just for them to replace a part or tweak something. Now when it returns and feeds wonderfully, if it's not smooth I'll iron out the kinks. It was/is also an older model, pre-drilled and tapped receiver with an 18K serial so I can't say when exactly it was mfg'd. It's somewhere reminiscent of something between a Rossi and a current production Henry.

I had to snag it as the platform, anything else is adjustable and tweakable.

From the bottom to the top.

New Original Henry from Henry Repeating Arms
Winchester 1866 2018 Shot Show Deluxe
Winchester 1873 2018 Shot Show Deluxe
Winchester 1892 2018 Shot Show Deluxe Trapper Takedown

Winchester From The Henry Rifle To The Winchester 1892.jpg

Cool thread guys. I've never been a lever action fan, but fell in love with a 1937 m71 that I bought real cheap. A buddy of mine in Georgia talked me out of it though. I took that rifle elk hunting and it was a pleasure to carry, except the steel was cold!!! The strangest thing happened that year, an old guy (old cowboy) kept showing up and talking about how much he loved my model 71. He told me stories of when he used his for deer and elk hunting, back in his younger days. I think back on that and get shivers running down my back. Was that old cowboy a figment of my imagination?
2IBkSuG.jpg

Now, on to my new lever rifle that I will never get rid of:
My grandfather was the lever lover, he collected Winchester lever action rifles, but unfortunately he developed a terminal illness and had to sell most of those beauties. However, he kept all of his favorites to give to his kids, before he passed away. My father ended up with his big bore 94 xtr 375 Winchester, back in 1993.
PZLeLGP.jpg
vPCM03N.jpg
This one was always a favorite of mine as well......

Last Edited:
Ted Williams Model 100 in .30-30 Win. They were built by Winchester back in the day. It has a Brass Stacker no drill sling with an Uncle Mike's mag tube swivel.
Velzey ceracoated it and I redid the wood.
It was a sentimental purchase and I've got way too much time and money invested in it, but It turned out to be a pretty sweet little rifle.

20190806_152138.jpg 20190806_152153.jpg 20190806_152236.jpg

Cool thread guys. I've never been a lever action fan, but fell in love with a 1937 m71 that I bought real cheap. A buddy of mine in Georgia talked me out of it though. I took that rifle elk hunting and it was a pleasure to carry, except the steel was cold!!! The strangest thing happened that year, an old guy (old cowboy) kept showing up and talking about how much he loved my model 71. He told me stories of when he used his for deer and elk hunting, back in his younger days. I think back on that and get shivers running down my back. Was that old cowboy a figment of my imagination?
View attachment 615599

Now, on to my new lever rifle that I will never get rid of:
My grandfather was the lever lover, he collected Winchester lever action rifles, but unfortunately he developed a terminal illness and had to sell most of those beauties. However, he kept all of his favorites to give to his kids, before he passed away. My father ended up with his big bore 94 xtr 375 Winchester, back in 1993.
View attachment 615600
View attachment 615601
This one was always a favorite of mine as well......
Nice collection.
Who makes the peep?
My dad used to talk my ear off, trying to convince me to slap a Williams Peep on my old 94....I came real close to doing it, too.

Dean

So after buying these Ranger Point precision Cloverleaf sites I did a lot of shooting at just 75 yards with my Henry big boy Steel 16.5 inch barrel 44 Mag for a while and they did wonderfully group tight great target acquisition but I never really took it out past 75 yards today I took it out to roughly 140 to 150 yards I just guesstimated it between my hundred yard and 200 yard Target.... I was hitting a 7 x 7 steel plate every time from a rest....
I was using 240 grain PMC Target ammo..
I didn't take any pictures because I didn't think about it at the time I just figured I might share with you guys... but these sites are the real deal deal if you're running iron sights I would seriously think about getting these as an upgrade

2019-06-30 13.35.31.jpg 2019-06-30 13.31.54.jpg

I got a Question for you lever action people.
On a Winchester 30/30 .
If the rear sight is all the way down as low as it can go.
With out taking the notch thing out .
Would that basically be set at a 100 yards.
Because me and @Melmelhunter .
Went shooting with her 30/30.
We had a target at 75 yards.
That's all we could do at that spot.
And couldn't get it to hit .
It was high or low we adjust this or that.
Basically my question is what is the standard setting of the rear sight .
All the way down to all the way up.
Of course ammo grains will matter .
But I was just wondering if the rear sight notches are set at a certain point

Lowering the rear sight will cause the point of aim to be lower, and the projectile will hit lower.

Yes I know this but .
What is the lowest notch.
100 yards .
Or what.
We had it at the lowest setting and it was high and low .
Give or take a few inches.
Shooting a 8 inch steal target at 75 yards.
Got more complete missed than hits

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads