JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's another single shot lever gun from the safe.

Wva7Nvxl.jpg

KylYsHJl.jpg

This is a Marlin Ballard first year 1875, #6 Schuetzen. It was retrofitted by world famous barrel maker H.M. Pope, with Pope's 1888 patented takedown system. It has 3 barrels in .32-40, .28 Pope Special, and .22WCF. It also has bases for the Winchester A5 telescope on each barrel. It has several Pope tools with the set, along with a Pope false muzzle starter fitted to the .28 Pope barrel. The case is fitted for all the barrels and extra accessories, and has the owner's name on the top. LG Priddy (Leonard George Priddy) was a top shooter on the Denver Rifle Club's team when they set the world record in 1919.
This rifle is the only known example of H.M. Pope's takedown system, with three barrels. I've seen one other in a single barrel takedown .22 Ballard.

Old - Pre 64 win model 94 30-30 I learned to hunt with many moons ago and handed down from my father. I think my Grandfather won it in a fishing derby in the 50's. New - Jm Marlin in 45-70 I purchased used from a member here.

6963E954-8FDD-4584-8C9A-5960F9496751.jpeg

Here's another old Marlin from the safe.
An 1893 made in 1894. The caliber is .25-36 Marlin, and it is a takedown also. It was special ordered as a takedown, and also with a Whitney-Kennedy trapdoor buttplate fitted at the factory. Has some unusual sights also. Original Marlin mold, .25-36M ammunition, and Ideal .25-36M marked tong tool.

4wzmh6Zl.jpg

Old - Pre 64 win model 94 30-30 I learned to hunt with many moons ago and handed down from my father. I think my Grandfather won it in a fishing derby in the 50's. New - Jm Marlin in 45-70 I purchased used from a member here.

View attachment 534365

Very fine rifle (there is just something about those pre-64s) and an even more neat family history. 'gratz. :D

Shotgun is just a mantle piece my dad picked up for decor years ago. Pretty old but no family history or any particular rarity. Looks cool though and is Damascus twist. Gun rack/bookcase my dad made in wood shop as a kid.

This thread makes me want a lever gun even more...

9330054_01_marlin_1894_cst_357_magnum_16__640.jpg

Want that one right there lol. gib marlin! Haters will hate the stainless or synthetic stock but I don't care. it's chambered in 38spc/357mag and it comes with threaded barrel to make the anti's hate it even more.

Last Edited:
This thread makes me want a lever gun even more...

View attachment 537850

Want that one right there lol. gib marlin! Haters will hate the stainless or synthetic stock but I don't care. it's chambered in 38spc/357mag and it comes with threaded barrel to make the anti's hate it even more.

Oh my, that looks like fun. Most assuredly said setup with a 9㎜/.38 silencer would be something wonderful. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top