JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had others say that they have caused problems, but have yet to tell me anything specific and how it happened.

I find them very efficient when allowing the firing control hand not to have to leave the grip to (do the two hand tango) lock the bolt back.

Just work with it, and the brain will be trained.

Last Edited:
I hope I can take your run the gun course next year. I'm hoping to do the 2 day. I think I will probably do the combo if its offered. I want to get a little more familiar with my guns before take a class. Also I don't have all the gear required for either course yet

By popular demand, I've added a two day pistol /rifle combo class...which is one day of each.

The first such class is September 29-30

I'm finding some feel the Run the Gun class can be info overload, while the Foundation class is too basic, yet have had many experienced shooters tell me they got a lot out of the Foundation class. So I'm offering an intermediate step between the two.

For those members who went through both the pistol/rifle class last weekend, it is similar to that.

I hope I can take your run the gun course next year. I'm hoping to do the 2 day. I think I will probably do the combo if its offered. I want to get a little more familiar with my guns before take a class. Also I don't have all the gear required for either course yet

You don't really need anything for the AR15 class except a good sling, and a few magazines for your rifle and ammo if you don't want to purchase some from the trainer. I was the only one that didn't have a red dot or magnifying scope. I just have a standard front sight and a flip up troy battle sight for my rear one. I did bring some loaded magazines which I eventually fired but we spent some time using 4 dummy rounds with two magazines. Later on that day Steve said let another person load a 30 round magazine and 5 rounds were dummy rounds. Since I didn't load my magazine myself I did not know where the dummy rounds were so I had deal with malfunction when I encountered a dummy round.

I used my back pocket of my shorts to hold an extra magazine so don't need a rig to carry extra magazines either.

When I instruct, I wear jeans or the like...and put the spare magazine in my back pocket.

I figure, if I respond to something with a pistol or rifle, that's most likely what I'll be wearing.

So, not much equipment required.

If you've had your pistol and rifle for awhile, have shot them a bit, and know basic handling...you're good to go.

Am going to make a separate area for this class on the website today, with a full description.

Check here for gear list;

GEAR LIST

Don't need anything fancy for any of my classes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top