JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do N.C. and N.Y. cases tell us about cultural mindset?

A potentially controversial federal case announced yesterday against three North Carolina men who are alleged to have "stockpiled weapons, ammunition and tactical gear" and tried to make explosives while preparing for some kind of martial law, and another arrest of an armed tourist at New York's 9/11 memorial suggest some alarming things about the current cultural mindset.

<broken link removed>

Make "preppers" out to be the enemy then neighbors can be suspicious and point them out to big brother government.

A potentially controversial federal case announced yesterday against three North Carolina men who are alleged to have "stockpiled weapons, ammunition and tactical gear" and tried to make explosives while preparing for some kind of martial law, and another arrest of an armed tourist at New York's 9/11 memorial suggest some alarming things about the current cultural mindset.

<broken link removed>

The FBI's case against those 3 nutcases in North Carolina does not seem at all cultural to me. Besides making pipe bombs and trying to rearm inert hand grenades ( very naughty Federal felonies to do ), one of the men is a convicted felon, and another member of the trio bought firearms and ammunition on his behalf. A straw purchase is another major no-no.

You need to stop reading such paranoid, regurgitated news. This is what the FBI reported:

https://www.fbi.gov/charlotte/press...irearms-explosive-devices-and-related-charges

These men all believed in a conspiracy theory that our military is currently preparing to impose martial law. They made such insane comments to the owner of a military supply store that they bought a lot of stuff from, that he then called the FBI and told them about their boasts that they were making bombs.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/stat...a-murderous-jade-helm-15-retaliation-plot.ece

Seems to me that what we should be doing here is giving Kudos to this store owner that turned them in. He proved himself to be a responsible person.

After all, if someone here on this board started ranting that he was preparing an ambush to kill Federals, and that he was building bombs as part of that planned ambush, don't you think that they would be immediately reported to the FBI?

<broken link removed>

Won't bore every one with the long list of corruption from our political class but when the rulers quit following the law it becomes the standard for the ruled to not follow it either. Nothing suprises me anymore, kinda expect it since government no longer follows it's own laws.

" Seems to me that what we should be doing here is giving Kudos to this store owner that turned them in. He proved himself to be a responsible person.

After all, if someone here on this board started ranting that he was preparing an ambush to kill Federals, and that he was building bombs as part of that planned ambush, don't you think that they would be immediately reported to the FBI?"

Waco, Ruby Ridge.

" Seems to me that what we should be doing here is giving Kudos to this store owner that turned them in. He proved himself to be a responsible person.

After all, if someone here on this board started ranting that he was preparing an ambush to kill Federals, and that he was building bombs as part of that planned ambush, don't you think that they would be immediately reported to the FBI?"

Waco, Ruby Ridge.

San Francisco Giants and Green Bay Packers.

GGGGd-1.jpg

Waco, Ruby Ridge.

Here's the deal. There are plenty of folks out there like those at both of these places You know there are.
Why don't they get caught? Cause they don't put themselves in that position by keeping there mouths shut. They don't brag about what their plans are or what they think of the government. They're the ones who just chuckle when they hear you talking politics at the local coffee shop.
Now as far as the folk who have been arrested in NY for carrying a weapon cause they didn't know better,as I have said in other threads,they got what they deserve
Children in China know you can't legally carry a gun in NY city
I'm with pokerace,those guys needed to be arrested

Part of the problems we have are knuckle heads who go about broadcasting they are arming up.
I am not saying don't prepare, I am also not saying martial law wont occur, but drawing attention to yourself in such a manner wont even get you to the starting line if SHTF, as you will already be targeted from your acts. I am sure as mention I am on some list myself, been a member the NRA decades I guess that translates to some feds I am long term radical gun carrying nut job. I don't kid myself in not thinking my Bank is keeping track and providing what ammo I by and how much. Or I am leaving a trail. I try and pay cash for allot of what I do, but somehow once in awhile I buy from an ffl or but with a CC or check and I know then I went and did it. Not paranoia I know its been done in other countries with less technology so pretty sure I am a naughty list that being said I dont want to be at the top of the list by broadcasting my moves .o_O

Part of the problems we have are knuckle heads who go about broadcasting they are arming up.
I am not saying don't prepare, I am also not saying martial law wont occur, but drawing attention to yourself in such a manner wont even get you to the starting line if SHTF, as you will already be targeted from your acts. I am sure as mention I am on some list myself, been a member the NRA decades I guess that translates to some feds I am long term radical gun carrying nut job. I don't kid myself in not thinking my Bank is keeping track and providing what ammo I by and how much. Or I am leaving a trail. I try and pay cash for allot of what I do, but somehow once in awhile I buy from an ffl or but with a CC or check and I know then I went and did it. Not paranoia I know its been done in other countries with less technology so pretty sure I am a naughty list that being said I dont want to be at the top of the list by broadcasting my moves .o_O
You forgot to mention being on here

This case has absolutely nothing to do with "preppers" or "prepping".

Directly no. Indirectly; yes.
I don't know how to word it but basically when anyone "stockpiles" anything they are seen as evil and should be reported.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top