JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last Edited:
The whole SBR classification thing is ridiculous. How about we just have 3 classes of firearms: Pistol = barrel of 12in or less, rifle = barrel exceeding 12in, shotgun = non rifled barrel.... Furniture and add-ons should be whatever the hell the user feels like putting on. See how easy that was.

I was wondering when this thread would pop up. I'm getting some popcorn.

I do laugh at the intent part though. We all know the intentions behind the Sig Brace.

"No officer I'm not handicapped, no I'm not in any way incapable of handling this firearm. Sir please don't arrest me, a letter said I could... A letter said I could..."

And yet another item lost to the raging waters of the Pacific Ocean. Damn boating accidents.

Bottom line is that ATF approved this device for use on pistols, unless they unapprove it and declare it a shoulder stock they have no power to regulate how someone might use it or misuse it. I can't think of any precedent for the kind of usage regulation being implied by this new opinion letter.

I actually have a little bit of a reason that would justify an arm brace; a neck and back injury that sometimes causes problems with my hands, especially my right hand (I am right handed) and I have carpal tunnel which exacerbates it.

In short, I could get probably even get a doctors note to that effect.

I also have a family member that has other problems which are worse and medically documented.

That said, I still prefer bullpups, and now that DT will be making one that can switch calibers and barrels and forends, that is probably what I will go with instead.

I actually have a little bit of a reason that would justify an arm brace; a neck and back injury that sometimes causes problems with my hands, especially my right hand (I am right handed) and I have carpal tunnel which exacerbates it.

I also have a family member that has other problems which are worse and medically documented.

That said, I still prefer bullpups, and now that DT will be making one that can switch calibers and barrels and forends, that is probably what I will go with instead.

Damn straight!
I got a note from my mother AND my doctor saying i NEED to have a FULL-AUTO 5.7 with a 7" barrel, custom arm brace, short can, and 200 round mag! :rolleyes: I have 'special needs....:D

Last Edited:
Still an interpretation of an interpretation.

Honestly no one knows what will come of this.

In my opinion. I hope this does nothing but drive people to buy more of them. The more there are buying them and using them incorrectly the better.

What I don't wish to see is thousands of Americans cower down to a letter from one man.
Im not so sure it is "interpretation" as much as reading comprehension.

Moral of the story is:
"If you intend to build a small gun designed to be fired from the shoulder, that is an SBR no matter what parts you use."

Last Edited:

Funny I didn't really see the value in bull pups till I read an article talking about how much velocity is lost with a SBR as apposed to a bull pup with a 16in barrel.
Of course till recently I thought a handgun would be more than adequate to stop anybody and didn't think a rifle was necessary for defense.

I've been a long time believer in bullpups and I have owned a number of them.

They do have some disadvantages, but some of the new ones address some of those problems.

I *love* how they handle while maintaining the barrel length. Even carrying them is easier than the equivalent weight conventional rifle, because the weight is much more centrally balanced, and there is less weight out on either end of the rifle.

What is going to be really cool, is a time when, we can build bull pups up like we can ar15 type units. Or can we??
The DT MDR is somewhat modular - in some ways more so than most ARs.

You will be able to swap barrels/bolts/mags to have 762x51, 762x39, 556x45 and .300 Blackout to start. They are talking about 10" to 19" barrels, different forends, and other calibers (some of the 6mm alternatives based on 556x45).

Beyond that, it is ambi, and most people who know DT expect it to be a sub-MOA rifle.

I don't expect it will be quite as modifiable as an AR with all the different uppers you can get, but then I think the end result will be equivalent with regards to what it can accomplish.

You mean something as pretty as this?

wtf.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR