JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand. It's all about the afterwards. Do you have ice packs suitable for your shoulder? I knew lifters that stayed with it too long that looked like the Michelin Man after a workout with all the ice packs they had on.

This is going to be a "how long can you handle the pain" kind scenario. Getting your muscles all balanced, strengthwise, will help. Joint replacements are an absolute bubblegum, and you end up with things you simply cannot do when its over. But the pain is usually gone. It's a tradeoff everyone has to make their own decision on.

Feel for you man, good luck.

-Dean

I understand. It's all about the afterwards. Do you have ice packs suitable for your shoulder? I knew lifters that stayed with it too long that looked like the Michelin Man after a workout with all the ice packs they had on.

This is going to be a "how long can you handle the pain" kind scenario. Getting your muscles all balanced, strengthwise, will help. Joint replacements are an absolute bubblegum, and you end up with things you simply cannot do when its over. But the pain is usually gone. It's a tradeoff everyone has to make their own decision on.

Feel for you man, good luck.

-Dean

I've started icing the shoulder and using heat. Both the doc and acupuncturist have suggested it.
I am going to look into a sports medicine ortho doctor that was recommended to me. He is supposed to be real good with helping recovery from chronic issues. I am trying to take whole approach to fixing it rather than a singular conventional fix such as surgery.

Good. I have an older choulder specific ice pack, kind of like this AmazonSmile: Ice It! Coldcomfort System Shoulder, 4 Pound: Health & Personal Care Everyone is different so things that didn't work on someone will work for years on someone else. Try everything! PRP was NOT a good thing for me, probably more akin to having my leg set on fire and stuck in a 90 ton press. I fought it for 5 or 6 years and ultimately went for the joint replacement since I was tired of the pain and it had become physically impossible NOT to limp/favor my right leg, which caused other issues with my back, other knee, ankles, etc, etc.

Good. I have an older choulder specific ice pack, kind of like this AmazonSmile: Ice It! Coldcomfort System Shoulder, 4 Pound: Health & Personal Care Everyone is different so things that didn't work on someone will work for years on someone else. Try everything! PRP was NOT a good thing for me, probably more akin to having my leg set on fire and stuck in a 90 ton press. I fought it for 5 or 6 years and ultimately went for the joint replacement since I was tired of the pain and it had become physically impossible NOT to limp/favor my right leg, which caused other issues with my back, other knee, ankles, etc, etc.

I was just talking to a coworker about the PRP stuff. She loved it. I am sure it is different for everyone.
It sounds interesting and is something that i am going to read more about. It is not option that i have ruled out as method to help.

Made it to the appointment this morning, i survived. I hate needles.
They numbed me up and then went about sticking the steroids in. It was a funky feeling that i dont care for.

Sitting here at my desk at work. I have some pain relief. My neck was really starting to ache from the shoulder issues. That seems to be mostly gone. The pain at the shoulder joint is mostly gone to a very distant ache. Kinda like a train at the end of tunnel.

I am hopeful but also a realist that this may not be the fix.
Yes, you know how that shoulder issues and raising your shoulders to protect yourself from pain makes the neck sore.
Feels funny every time they balloon my shoulder up with all that liquid, especially when the fluid gets up in/around the supraspinatus.

"So, for my one off observation I would avoid joint replacement if at all possible."
Having had numerous orthopedic surgeries I can say that joint replacement is not something you do unless there is no other option.

10 days after the steroid injection...

I have pain relief, about 80-85%.
My shoulder still feels funky but without the majority of the pain. It's increased my ability to use it.
My gym activities are focused around rehabbing the shoulder and increasing range of motion. Lots of resistance work. Moderate weightlifting with extra reps for that side to help build it back to match the other side.

I'm going to let the doctor know I want a CAT scan so we can see what is going on and actually treat the source of the problem.
Covering it up with shots seems stupid and ultimately prolongs the inevitable.

It will do more harm than good to work one side harder, just take it easy and work them the same, it will even out. The body takes care of this on its own, you do more harm than good focusing on one side. Disclaimer I'm not specifically trained, just a tired and broken down old lifter that spent 15 years rehabbing shoulder injuries while competing.

It will do more harm than good to work one side harder, just take it easy and work them the same, it will even out. The body takes care of this on its own, you do more harm than good focusing on one side. Disclaimer I'm not specifically trained, just a tired and broken down old lifter that spent 15 years rehabbing shoulder injuries while competing.

I will keep that in mind. I do appreciate the advice. Thank you.

I will keep that in mind. I do appreciate the advice. Thank you.
Good luck with your shoulders. I had both rotator cuffs repaired left 2008, right 2013. The recovery was a challenge. Get a large recliner to sleep in. Trust me on this. I slept in the recliner for 7 weeks for the right shoulder. It was worse than the left. The injuries were from repetitive lifting at work. Also tore my right bicep tendon. I had 3 injections in left and only 2 in my right. Dr said it was too badly damaged to use more injections in it.
If you need a great ortho surgeon seek out Dr David Huberty in Oregon City area.
Good luck

Thanks Mike. Cortisone wasn't even an option. Docs words were brief. It's really bad and very limited options. I'm hoping the steroids will do the trick so I can get pan relief and I can rebuild the muscle + tendon structure via physical therapy and exercise.

I had frozen shoulder syndrome in both shoulders due to connective tissue disease. It's not bone or cartilige (sp) deterioration, so it was diff from your situation. Had the injection in my right shoulder strait into the bursa... doc mixed novacaine in with the steroid and started by numbing the skin, then continued to squirt as the needle progressed... I never felt a thing.

The other shoulder was fixed by physical therapy. I still have to keep both shoulders moving or they get real stiff.

My big toe, however, had the main joint completely shot. That is what the doc said when she looked at the xray, and was amazed it was even worse/ bad after she opened and scraped all the arth from bone on bone for so many years. I got a real nice titanium and plastic new joint. (Just don't watch these joint replacements on YouTub, it will freak you out!!!) Recovery wasn't bad. PT was fine. Could immediately walk with no pain no problems no restrictions... in fact the more movement to stretch the tendons that had shrunk over the years, the better.

But now I have a problem with the joint further up in the foot and need another surgery... crap, arthritis sucks so bad. Next will be my back cuz I'm losing flexibility drastically.

But now I have a problem with the joint further up in the foot and need another surgery... crap, arthritis sucks so bad. Next will be my back cuz I'm losing flexibility drastically.

TRUTH!

Now I've got to get out and do some yard work, lest I be all messed up from sitting in the car most of the day yesterday!

TRUTH!

Now I've got to get out and do some yard work, lest I be all messed up from sitting in the car most of the day yesterday!

I've got to make myself get out today... yesterday was too windy and cold. I need a walk cuz my legs are getting stiff, but the yard needs mowed (first time this year) and we have a quarter acre, so that will probably be enough walking.

I've got to make myself get out today... yesterday was too windy and cold. I need a walk cuz my legs are getting stiff, but the yard needs mowed (first time this year) and we have a quarter acre, so that will probably be enough walking.

A 1/4 acre and you use a walk behind mower? Standard 22" deck? :eek:

A 1/4 acre and you use a walk behind mower? Standard 22" deck? :eek:

The Toro 22" self propelled shat it's drive system. I used it for a year after, but it got too heavy for us. Then we bought a Worx battery operated mower. It is all plastic, so very light. But it only has an 18" cut. I keep telling the wife I'm going to buy a riding mower but she keeps vetoing that idea.

The Toro 22" self propelled shat it's drive system. I used it for a year, but it got too heavy for us. Then we bought a Worx battery operated mower. It is all plastic, so very light. But it only has an 18" cut. I keep telling the wife I'm going to buy a riding mower but she keeps vetoing that idea.

It is better to ask forgiveness then die of old age before receiving permission....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top