JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a bunch of screwed up old, and young, farts we have here! No wonder a bunch of us are on the board all times of day and night!

Hey man? Thanks for what you've done, and given, in your service to our country! Seriously.
Dude you dont need to thank me, but hey its all good, just wish i was 17 again, damn I tore it up in Subic Bay..

What a bunch of screwed up old, and young, farts we have here! No wonder a bunch of us are on the board all times of day and night!

Hey man? Thanks for what you've done, and given, in your service to our country! Seriously.

That's why I asked here. The broken guys around here are numerous. :eek:

I have two bad shoulders from an incident when I was 19 with an extended ladder at work. I'm going to be 40 this year. I've lived with the limitations now for 20 years. I'm broken and there is no fix for the tearing within the shoulder for me.

mine are bad enough I cannot flex to do a push-up or hold a 10/22 to shoot standing up. Zero weight can be on my arms when out in front of me.

I've received steroid injections in both shoulders multiple times. I've had 3 months relief up to 6 months of relief. In 2015 I had the left shoulder operated on, it got better but now is a little better than the right. I did work outside yesterday and I'm feeling it. Aches and fire inside the shoulders that no anti inflammatory will cure.

Relief will be nice, sometimes it lasts and sometimes it doesn't. I hope your shot last longer than mine do.
Have you ever heard about/tried cold laser therapy? https://www.spine-health.com/treatment/pain-management/cold-laser-therapy-pain-management-treatment
I had a severe ankle injury occur when I was 15 and struggled with it for years. I would be walking and it would just collapse on me out of nowhere, the scar tissue build up was ridiculous and it was constantly swelling up on me.
Fast forward 10 years and I discovered cold laser therapy and it saved my ankle. I was facing surgery to remove the scar tissue and I trust western medicine about as much as the tap water in Mexico!
I found a chiropractor and he treated me 2 times a week for 6 weeks and it completely alleviated the chronic pain, the swelling dissapeared, the scar tissue is about 10% of what it was and I have only rolled it once since the treatment and that was due to me hiking a rocky trail at night.

Not my personal experience. A coworker of mine years ago had a "bad back" and supposedly got an injection and quit whining for a couple weeks. Then his back hurt again. I have a feeling he was a compulsive liar and drug abuser for other reasons.

My father has had several knee replacements and while he can walk, it's not fast and he certainly can't run or jump. He's pain free but it cost him all his mobility. So, for my one off observation I would avoid joint replacement if at all possible.

Good luck!

Made it to the appointment this morning, i survived. I hate needles.
They numbed me up and then went about sticking the steroids in. It was a funky feeling that i dont care for.

Sitting here at my desk at work. I have some pain relief. My neck was really starting to ache from the shoulder issues. That seems to be mostly gone. The pain at the shoulder joint is mostly gone to a very distant ache. Kinda like a train at the end of tunnel.

I am hopeful but also a realist that this may not be the fix.

They numbed me up and then went about sticking the steroids in. It was a funky feeling that i dont care for.

Sitting here at my desk at work. I have some pain relief. My neck was really starting to ache from the shoulder issues. That seems to be mostly gone. The pain at the shoulder joint is mostly gone to a very distant ache. Kinda like a train at the end of tunnel.

dang you got numbed? They just shove that bad boy in on me. Just don't over due the next few days. I messed up and did that. I got one felt great that day and the next, thought I would be a good to split wood. I was back getting another shot 2 weeks later.

Wow, I read every post in this thread. And this is not meant to be humorous. I just feel real lucky. I'm 80 and had the snot
kicked outta me for a large list of reasons. And secretly catch myself almost beginning to feel sorry for myself sometimes.
Reading about the issues others have had has made me feel lucky, I'm not too bad off.

Wow, I read every post in this thread. And this is not meant to be humorous. I just feel real lucky. I'm 80 and had the snot
kicked outta me for a large list of reasons. And secretly catch myself almost beginning to feel sorry for myself sometimes.
Reading about the issues others have had has made me feel lucky, I'm not too bad off.

I wouldn't feel to bad.
I got a lot of fun memories and some good mileage on this body. I have no plans on arriving at deaths door in good condition.
I also knew a long time ago that most of the things I'm into come with physical cost. You either paid then or later. Some of those payments have come due.

Last Edited:
I wouldn't feel to bad.
I got a lot of fun memories and some good mileage on this body. I have no plans on arriving at deaths door in good condition.
I also knew a long time ago that most of the things I'm into come with physical cost. You either payed then or later. Some of those payments have come due.
Oh yeah !

Give it a few days for the meds to really work... it will get even better dude.

I'm on the shoulder replacement path. I've had three surgeries on my right and two on my left and my ortho says to expect to have both of them replaced at some point. Good times.

I've lost track of the number of shoulder injections I've had. At least half a dozen. Some people get good results from them but I've never had much luck with them. If you've never had one before, try NOT to get a look at the needle beforehand. Trust me, you don't want to see it.

Also, I don't know if your doc is going to numb your shoulder before the injection...they probably won't. If they don't, and trust me on this, ask the doc to have the nurse hit the injection site with Ethyl Chloride while he is injecting you. It's a freezing spray and makes a really shhhh...err...crappy experience a bit better.

Do be careful after the injection. One of the problems is if you do start feeling better, you start using the thing more than you should and cause more damage.

If you do think you want to have the replacement surgery, make sure you have a thorough talk with the doc and understand what your shoulder will and won't be capable of post-replacement.

Good luck!

Your blessed. Best way to put it. :s0155:

I don't know if I'm getting a different injection in the shoulder from you guys? The shoulder is a total pleasure compared to the wrist (both) and, I'm thinking the knee is the worst. That knee gets a shot of lidocaine first, and still hurt like hell. The ortho docs PA took 40CCs of olive oil looking fluid out the first time. She only puts one hole, for fluid drain and meds go in same hole.

Your blessed. Best way to put it. :s0155:

I don't know if I'm getting a different injection in the shoulder from you guys? The shoulder is a total pleasure compared to the wrist (both) and, I'm thinking the knee is the worst. That knee gets a shot of lidocaine first, and still hurt like hell. The ortho docs PA took 40CCs of olive oil looking fluid out the first time. She only puts one hole, for fluid drain and meds go in same hole.

That sounds gross.

I am happy that my knees are still holding up(just knocked on wood).

I still have some pain this morning. I iced and heated the shoulder last night. The range of mobility this morning is pretty good. I am doing slow non weighted movements to stretch the joint and relearn those movements without being guarded. Just those movements make my shoulder tired. So its been underdeveloped/guarded for a while now.

That sounds gross.

I am happy that my knees are still holding up(just knocked on wood).

I still have some pain this morning. I iced and heated the shoulder last night. The range of mobility this morning is pretty good. I am doing slow non weighted movements to stretch the joint and relearn those movements without being guarded. Just those movements make my shoulder tired. So its been underdeveloped/guarded for a while now.

Not as gross gross as several other things that come out of the human body! :s0112:

That's what worries me. If your not usin' it you might lose it. Hope you can get back up to par pretty quick.

There's a book out there, 7 minute rotator cuff solution. Very thin book, basically details the series of standing and lying L's with high reps and very light weight will help with ligament and tendon issues. It's out of print and hard to find now. Try this one Treat Your Own Rotator Cuff: Johnson, Jim: 9781642376456: Amazon.com: Books

Surgery isn't bad if it helps. Are you bone on bone arthritis kind of pain or rotators ripped off the bone kind of pain, or everything is just inflamed kind of pain?

If you're bone on bone, I'm all for the joint replacement. Recovery is a b!tch, but those I know that have had it say its better than the alternative.

Had my knee done 4 years ago, ended up with a partial replacement so the second replacement to treat the whole thing could be done more easily....15+ years from now though.

I'm going through shoulder issues myself, I find the standing and lying L's, along with the very light band work, help a ton. Think baseball player type warmup and stretching simply for daily activities.

I quit doing the stuff that made it hurt, for me it turned out to be benching. Overhead press is surprisingly OK. Now I only do the things that make it feel good (mostly).

There's a book out there, 7 minute rotator cuff solution. Very thin book, basically details the series of standing and lying L's with high reps and very light weight will help with ligament and tendon issues. It's out of print and hard to find now. Try this one Treat Your Own Rotator Cuff: Johnson, Jim: 9781642376456: Amazon.com: Books

Surgery isn't bad if it helps. Are you bone on bone arthritis kind of pain or rotators ripped off the bone kind of pain, or everything is just inflamed kind of pain?

If you're bone on bone, I'm all for the joint replacement. Recovery is a b!tch, but those I know that have had it say its better than the alternative.

Had my knee done 4 years ago, ended up with a partial replacement so the second replacement to treat the whole thing could be done more easily....15+ years from now though.

I'm going through shoulder issues myself, I find the standing and lying L's, along with the very light band work, help a ton. Think baseball player type warmup and stretching simply for daily activities.

I quit doing the stuff that made it hurt, for me it turned out to be benching. Overhead press is surprisingly OK. Now I only do the things that make it feel good (mostly).

Thanks for the book suggestion. I will order it.

Its bone on bone, i believe. I have several bone spurs, they couldnt count all of them. The rotator cuff appears to be fine with the x-rays. Next step is a cat scan if this shot doesnt do the trick.

Bench pressing and overhead presses dont bother it, so to speak. I can do them fine without being in pain. It is afterwords that i am in pain.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top