JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Toro 22" self propelled shat it's drive system. I used it for a year after, but it got too heavy for us. Then we bought a Worx battery operated mower. It is all plastic, so very light. But it only has an 18" cut. I keep telling the wife I'm going to buy a riding mower but she keeps vetoing that idea.

If you can mow a 1/4 acre with a battery, in one day, I'd say your doing pretty good for an ol' fart. Or, I'm just more of a worn out old fart than I should be.

Anyone have success with their shoulder without surgery? And if so how long?

Yeah. In my case it's arthritis. The shot is 'Da bomb. At this time it lasts near a year. For rotator cuff issues the shot is a hit miss. Helps, but not for long. Or for a few months, then not much for the second one. Wifey has the rotator cuff issues and that's her experience. She is looking at surgery down the road.

Anyone have success with their shoulder without surgery? And if so how long?

I am doing physical therapy. The doc gave me some very specific exercises to do.
She also tested the strength in my right vs left arm. My dominant arm(right) is the one having problems. It was weaker than my left by about 10% when it should be stronger by 10-12%.
The exercises seem to be working for the pain. The shot was good for about 2.5-3 weeks and i started feeling the pain come back.

I am still going to request a CT scan for the shoulder to explore what is happening positively and find out my options.

I also am at the gym 5-6 days week. It was surprising the strength test results.

I have an appointment for an ultrasound steroid injection Monday morning.
If it doesn't work next stop is shoulder replacement.
Who's had the steroid treatment in their shoulder? Successful? Length of relief?

I've had problems most of my adult life with the shoulder and have finally reached my tipping point of wanting to get it fixed, permanently.
Anyone done the shoulder replacement surgery?

I'm looking for real life experience.
I never heard of CRPS until I got it after a simple clavicle plate install, nor do I think did @sobo after his knee job. Something to think about.

I never heard of CRPS until I got it after a simple clavicle plate install, nor do I think did @sobo after his knee job. Something to think about.

I messaged Sobo about it. It has been weighing on my mind. I dont like invasive operations.
If i had been put together with better shoulders this wouldnt be an issue. Unfortunately my warranty ran out a while ago so I am stuck with difficult repair decisions. ;)

I messaged Sobo about it. It has been weighing on my mind. I dont like invasive operations.
If i had been put together with better shoulders this wouldnt be an issue. Unfortunately my warranty ran out a while ago so I am stuck with difficult repair decisions. ;)
As you know, it's not a shoulder for me, but my foot now, that started out at my knee.
When I got the steroid injection in my knee back in November of 2013 while I was in Afghanistan, it worked great for 6, that's SIX, years!!!
But after I got the arthroscopic knee surgery last December, everything went to hell in a hand basket.
But to your point about a steroid injection, they did try that with me, first in my knee as mentioned above, which worked great for years.
Then, after they knee surgery and everything went sideways, they tried the steroid injection in my tarsal tunnel (ankle), to absolutely ZERO beneficial effect.
I hope you have the kind of success I initially had with the knee injection. I do not wish upon anyone what came after those injections wore 6 off years later... :oops:

1) "My father has had several knee replacements and while he can walk, it's not fast and he certainly can't run or jump. He's pain free but it cost him all his mobility. So, for my one off observation I would avoid joint replacement if at all possible."
I would wonder how much mobility he had with the pre-op situation. With left knee @ KL3 and right knee @ KL4 my mobility sucks and I can't walk well enough for cardio so replacement is the only feasible option.
"Several" replacements, as in >1 on at least one side? :eek:

2) "A 1/4 acre and you use a walk behind mower? Standard 22" deck?"
May I suggest something that you can ride on with a 42"-48" deck? We have 1/2 ac. and bought a JD X-570, which beats the walk-behind. If all you need is a mower that's a lot less $ than a tractor.
bbbass you have my permission to tell your Beloved that I said it's OK. And even necessary. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top