JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am interested in trying out a shoulder rig with my CZ-75. Does anyone have any recommendations? This one looks pretty good to me, but I'd like a bit of input before I lay down a hefty chunk of change.
<broken link removed>

Also what are the advantages and disadvantages of using a horizontal vs. vertical holster? Seems to me like horizontal would be a more natural draw.

I use a shoulder rig. it is OK. I would perfer one with a wider shoulder strap that spreads the weight over the front of your shoulder.
the draw is pretty good if you pratice a bit. and even better if you use the hold down straps attached to your pants. This hlds the hostler down during the draw resulting in a smoother draw.
Shop around and see what is offered by others and the features they have before you buy.
I like mine but I would not buy it based on the one recomendation like I did.

The Ross looks like it would print badly because of all the buckles and connectors - but I have no first hand experience with them. If you are open to spending that kind of money, take a look at the Galco line at www.usgalco.com. I have one of their original jackass rigs from the 1980's and it has held up very well. It also conceals well when properly adjusted because it has no bulky buckles or sharp edges to show through your jacket or sweater. Vests are out as you can see the holster and/or firearm through the arm holes, but that shouldn't be an issue because I understand that only us old guys would be caught dead in public with a vest on :) Some people get uptight about the horizontal carry in that the muzzle is pointing at whoever is behind you. I also have an old Bianchi X-15 vertical shoulder holster that doesn't have near the "cool factor" but works very well also. I find the vertical carry a little slower to get into shooting position with, but a little more comforting to have the muzzle pointed down. I also know from experience that shoulder holsters work better for those with a trim upper-body and get more difficult to use as you age and gain "girth". Most people I know have gone through the stage of "needing" a shoulder holster, and have then gone back to carrying in or on the belt after wearing it for awhile. Just my .02 and worth every penny of it.

Well right now I'm a skinny young guy, no bellies sticking out... yet :p The problem with galco--they don't make a shoulder rig for CZ-75s! :(

If you are open to spending that kind of money,
I thought the only stuff cheaper was crappy uncle mike's type of stuff? Are there some good, more affordable options that I am missing?

I used (still do) a Bianchi X-15 (verticle) to pack a 1911A1 and a 92F for a few years when I was on "body guard" duty in the Army... a CZ will fit in it just fine, and verticle is far easier to conceal than horizontal, and you can draw quite fast if you practice, practice, practice.

but that shouldn't be an issue because I understand that only us old guys would be caught dead in public with a vest on :) -snip -

Ya Got da prollem wid muh vest? :D

farthing578-1.jpg

Ya Got da prollem wid muh vest? :D

farthing578-1.jpg

Not in the least and I wear them all the time. I have been chastised on this board for being a walking gun billboard by the younguns who are so much more stylish and knowledgable about such things :) You know... the old "You just scream GUN when you wear one" and the "cops will be all over you if you wear one" type stuff that I have found to be completely untrue. I'd post a picture of me in one of mine but I don't want to scare you :s0155:

Not in the least and I wear them all the time. I have been chastised on this board for being a walking gun billboard by the younguns who are so much more stylish and knowledgable about such things :) You know... the old "You just scream GUN when you wear one" and the "cops will be all over you if you wear one" type stuff that I have found to be completely untrue. I'd post a picture of me in one of mine but I don't want to scare you :s0155:

Well that pic isn't me of course but I do wear a Harley type vest a lot. It does help conceal.

Well right now I'm a skinny young guy, no bellies sticking out... yet :p The problem with galco--they don't make a shoulder rig for CZ-75s! :(

I thought the only stuff cheaper was crappy uncle mike's type of stuff? Are there some good, more affordable options that I am missing?

Sorry Spengo, but I haven't really kept up with who is making good shoulder holsters recently. I have seen a pretty good looking one on the website of one of my favorite holster makers - www.epsaddlery.com They say they make it for most autoloaders and revolvers but I didn't confirm they make it for your CZ. You might want to take a look at theirs. They are easy to work with and make excellent holsters.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Under_Taker/_under_taker.html
What about this high noon one, they have a pretty good reputation too I think.

I've never tried one but it looks decent enough. My only concern would be that the diamond back plate would print. Anyone ever tried one in real life? I looked at the Ted Blocker webpage and their backplate/connector looks like it would print rather easily. Anyone tried a Ted Blocker shoulder rig?
If you are going to wear it under bulky enough clothing it probably doesn't matter much. If you plan to wear it under a smooth sweater, sport coat, or suit coat you will see anything with a "bump or sharp edge" on it when your clothing tightens over your shoulders.

Some folks claim that the CZ75 fits holsters made for the S&W5906. IF that is true, Galco makes a couple of shoulder rigs that would work for you. I had the same problem with my Star Firestar when they came out. Found out that they fit holsters made for the little .45 Colt Officer's model. Worked out perfectly with Galco and El Paso Saddlery holsters for me.

Highnoon makes a great product. I shoot left hand and like a shoulder rig for the cold months. My adult kids got me a highnoon for Christmas a few years ago for my S&W M&P 45 and it the best. The only issue if it's not stock it is custom and the lead time is several months, all the same the price is still fair and the product is top line. I expect the pistol to wear out far before the holster and I will buy another pistol to fit the holster! Not often you find a holster that is just that good. Fit to your carry need and your firearm, not something close to that firearm will fit in. IWB Don Hume is my fav for the same reason.

I've had good luck with products made by Black Hills Leather. I've got one of their shoulder rigs on the way and if its anything like their other rigs which I own...I won't be disappointed. All of their stuff is built to order (meaning your going to wait 2 - 3 months before you get it). Right now they're offering a 20&#37; discount on all products....but I don't know how long thats going to last.

http://blackhillsleather.com

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads