JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in the market for a shoulder holster and would like to see how they ride and what NWFA has to say about them.

If you have a galco miami classic, galco jackass, or any other nice leather holster for a glock or other full sized pistol please post your pics so i can check em out.

pics on the body really help so i can see how it will actually ride....

thanks,
mallard

No pics here.... For me ( and I have tried both ) they creep up my back and make it uncomfortable. I think if you were a tight shirt ( I can't pull off a tight shirt ) and tuck it in it would be fine. You may want to consider a maxapedition carry bag I got rid of my shoulder holsters and carry a "jumbo versipack" or the "fatboy versipack" it puts the gun @ 03:00 - 03:30ish and you can were it year round most people don't know what it is.

FYI: they cost around the same as a galco shoulder holster.

JUST MY .02

I've use all three (Galco Miami Classic, and both Maxapedition Jumbo and Fatboy versipacks).

I was carrying a Glock 17 at the time and found the Galco wore on my shoulders bad enough, that by the end of the work day (10 - 12 hours) I was worn out. The Maxapedition versipacks were a bit better, and as stated by Mr. 45 can be worn year round. The issue was the "not so fast draw".

I'd read somewhere that a good CC rig should allow for two to three second draws and presentations. I couldn't get anywhere close to that with the versipacks. Besides with large hands, by the time I got a grip on the Glock it was hard getting it out of the zippered opening.

I've seen on Maxapedition's site, where they've re-worked the Fatboy and Jumbo products, but I'm not sure if this issue was addressed.

Good luck on your rig!

St. John 3:16-17

thanks for the input guys... keep it coming

Im going to check out maxpedition, but im still considering the shoulder rig. Im mainly looking for something to wear while i ride my motorcycle that wont show if i lean forward etc. I have problems with belt holsters, and feel like my P3AT shows too much from my back pocket. Not to mention I would prefer to carry my full size on longer trips / camping etc.

If you decide to purchase either the "Fatboy" or "Jumbo", I'd look at "LAPolicegear.com", I believe have the best price. Maxipidition's prices are high.

Either versipack provide a belt connector to assist, and you can pack a lot of stuff in them.

Enjoy

I carry my 1911 in an early production (non-Galco) JackAss system. I keep mine very tight so it rides higher up under my arm. I do not care for it when it swings low. Even being a large man, I have enough adjustment to make it either way. It's a bit longer draw time than my paddle holster or a bit slower than my IWB holster. It's a bit of a compromise for me. It conceals considerably better than my paddle holster but not as well as my IWB. It's way more comfortable than my IWB but not as comfortable as my paddle. If this were the wild west, I'd just walk around with my paddle holster on and a spare mag in my pocket. As is, I do not like OC, so I need to conceal. The shoulder rig (JackAss style) does the best at filling most my needs.

As for the bags, I cannot get used to the idea of carrying a man purse. I had a maxpedition bag for a while, but I ended up leaving it in the truck all the time, so it pretty much made it useless...

Sorry, no photos of me or my rig at the moment...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top