JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Turned out later that he was a dangerous person. He knocked on the door @ 3am asking for money, said he was a new neighbor. This was in Long Beach, DPRK in about 1989.
1) I knew that no African-Americans had moved into the neighborhood, so he was F.O.S. (Not racism here. I just knew that the occupants of the house he said he lived in weren't black folks.)
2) I said to wait a minute, closed the door, armed backup, and went back outside.
3) He was gone.
4) Read in the paper that someone had called the cops, and he was a dangerous career fk up.
5) Realized that I should have answered the door in Cond.0.
6) Always armed. Auto in Cond.1, revolvers with round under the hammer.
7) And we all lived happily thereafter. :D

One of my brothers and I have debated this question for many years. I've even known him to carry his 357 revolver in the right-hand coat pocket and the cartridges loose in the left hand coat pocket. I usually carry a 9mm or 45ACP pistol - 'locked and loaded' - in an "OWB" leather holster. In today's troubled world, if one is not ready and loaded for bear, then he has placed himself and loved ones in danger; and he should realize that his weapon would be better utilized as a door stop.

Unfortunately that old saying is so true, "Curiosity killed the cat." is especially true when it comes to young children and guns. Should you have young children in your home, teach them all about firearms - firearm safety; let them handle the firearms; shoot the firearms; and - most importantly - get over their curiosity about firearms. Then they will be less likely to sneak around behind the adults back to try and handle a firearm. And when a friend comes over, should that friend spot a firearm, your child is more likely to say something like, "Oh yeah, I get to handle and shoot it all the time. Let's do something else."; and lead his friend away from the firearm. I've actually seen this happen. Adopt the only rule that might kept you and yours safe: TREAT ALL GUNS AS IF THEY ARE LOADED.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top