JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should we require prices in the classified section?

• Yes

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want to hear some input on this one guys. I say yes, but what do you guys think? I've received quite a few complaints from you guys and people wasting your time posting 'make an offer' then taking forever to negotiate or wanting way too much. What are your opinions?

This poll will close in 3 days and we'll go from there. Don't forget to vote ;)

Well..as a dyed in the wool..hard core "Trader"..that's one of the reasons I quit posting on some other sites.. I mean..what do I do..if I post a price..and someone aggrees to purchase it..even though I never wanted to sell it ? Say "no thanks" ?

As for "Value"..I think that is defined as "what it's worth to YOU"..

My personal philosophy is..if I can trade a $1000 weapon I'm not using..for a $600 weapon I CAN use..I've just made a darn good deal..

Just my two cent's worth...

Yeah I'm liking the idea of an exception for trading.

You have any $1000 weapons you'd like to trade for a $600 weapon? :s0114:

I would like to see ads have a time limit,i have noticed advertising items to sell something,but do not respond to inquiries.
Price and or trade items is also a good idea.
Maybe put a mininum number of posts before being able to put items up in the classifieds,so the members of the community can get a feel for the individual.
I have noticed a few folks coming over from Outdoorstrader.com only to post up in the classifieds,and have in no way contributed to the board.
Just my .02

People should posts a price, but then make a separate thread for trades.

Post a time limit for something like 60 days, if they are still there, they vanish. This way we won't have items on the boards that are long gone etc.

Also, I would like to see a minimum amount of posts from people to be able to post items for sale or trade.

Something like 20-25 posts, that way we know this person is a contributor to the forum, and not a fly-by-night type

Maybe for those that are MORE interested in a "trade" for something they are looking to let go they should put a specific list of things they are WANTING and are willing to trade for, then, IF they'd be willing to sell as well they could put their minimum price that they'd accept in lieu of a trade?

If someone doesn't have the items the "seller" is looking for but it willing to pony up the $$$ they are asking it seems like it's a win-win for both parties.

Just a thought.

P.S. Anyone have a .50 BMG they are looking to "trade"?? :s0114:

I voted yes, but I do think there should be some way to allow traders to list...
Maybe a 'trades only' checkbox or something, and then ask them to list things they're looking for in a trade...
This could probably be done without 'forcing' or 'requiring' anything, if we're just clever about how we set up the 'new thread submission' form for the classifieds section. I bet most of the problems would be cleaned up if the form asked specifically for either a price or 'trades only', and suggested they post pics in the thread.

I voted no, because I like to trade too.:D

I think if you want to trade, I think it would appropriate to list WHAT your looking for, so there isnt a lot of responses to items that arent even in the "to get list". IE.. I have an AR (specs blah blah) looking for 1911 or similiar. I think this would prevent the issue of HEY.. I HAVE A WALTHER P22 I'LL TRADE FOR IT>!>>!>!>! (Although... someone getting the AR out of that deal, just SCORED for the WIN!:D)

I think trades should be kept out of the classified sections.

I also think it would be a good idea to limit any classified adds to folks with a minimum number of posts. I dont think you should be able to post to the classifieds if you havent posted before.

Well..here's two reasons I quit posting on..or going to Ifish.. One..they require you to post a price.. Two..they require a minimum number of posts..which leads to people posting silly..irrelevant junk..just to reach that minimum.. My understanding is that this is a site for firearms enthusiasts..whether they want to post or not.. I must be one of those gun "nuts" who just doesnt subscribe to too many rules and regs..

Wait..does that mean I have to re-register as a Libertarian?? :s0092:

Having a number of posts required, keeps those that have nothing constructive to contribute from posting sale ads.

We want to see legitimate members on here who are looking out for each other, not fly-by-night types. or are just using the forum for their monetary gain.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top