JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should we require prices in the classified section?

• Yes

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We should post prices if we are selling something and we should have a separate "Want to Trade" forum.

The WTT forum wouldn't need prices, but it would be nice to know what the poster is looking for. They can always put "looking for anything interesting" if they don't want to be specific.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to "suggest" a small donation, say $5, if you sell/trade your item on this site. I wouldn't make it mandatory. That would really change the flavor of this forum into something I know everyone won't want. However, as we are growing and obviously starting to feel the pains of that. Any amount of extra cash in the NWFA account helps.

Joey, can there just be a tag at the beginning of each post specifying "f/s" or "f/t"? It takes up too much space to have dedicated forums just for trading right now. We definitely need more attention to people going back to their thread and clicking the SOLD button.

Absolutely agree on a time limit for how long the post is up.

I would like to see ads have a time limit,i have noticed advertising items to sell something,but do not respond to inquiries.
Price and or trade items is also a good idea.
Maybe put a mininum number of posts before being able to put items up in the classifieds,so the members of the community can get a feel for the individual.
I have noticed a few folks coming over from Outdoorstrader.com only to post up in the classifieds,and have in no way contributed to the board.
Just my .02

As a brand new member who made his first post in the sale section... I agree with what you're saying. On a forum I ran in the past we required members who could post in the classified section to be be financial contributors. That way you don't get fly by night ads and people who have bad reps creating new accounts just to post.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top