JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want everyone to think about what has happened in the past: These are legal theories that have been tried and tested...OK.

First was the Brady's et al attempt to sue the gun manufacturer's when one of their weapons was used in a crime...Remember that? Congress had to write a law to keep that from being an ongoing problem for teh gun manufacturers? Right?

Then there was the attempt to make a gun owner responsible and liable for a gun that was stolen from them, and then used in a crime....Remember that?

So, now we have a family member that has taken a parents gun, without the parents permission, and used it in a crime. Is that not correct? Ignore the fact the child was 3, because when it come to legal theory age does not count.

The only thing that a charge and conviction will do in this case is support the legal theory that is a gun is stolen from you, and used in a crime, you may be found responsible and liable.

Now, think about it...Is that waht you want?????

Ignore the fact the child was 3...

That's just it...we can't ignore this fact. This is the key to the entire discussion. Children should be taught and taught some more. Never touch a gun unless it is under the direct supervision of an adult. If you can't teach a child this (mainly because the child is not your's) then the responsibility is on the gun owner.

What you are basically saying is that it is okay for a daycare worker to come to work and leave their gun out. Then if a child gets a hold of the gun and shoots themself or another then it still is not the person's fault that owned the firearm.

Be responsible with your guns or they will take them away from you. It is as simple as that. You would want the daycare provider's head on a spike for doing the above just as I would want your head on a pike if your child grabbed one of your guns and shot my child.

Keep it on your person or secured and away from kids. If you have children, it is your responsibility to educate them and let them know how dangerious they actually are.

This post was started to gain opinions on the subject of the control of guns9COG) by owners instead of gun control (GC) prohibiting ownership!
That said… If the weapons used this past month (Sig & Glock pistols and the AR15) had been secured… these individuals would not have had access to commit their crimes against others.
At this point I feel the rally for COG vs GC is our best effort for most of us that are responsible owners.

This post was started to gain opinions on the subject of the control of guns9COG) by owners instead of gun control (GC) prohibiting ownership!
That said… If the weapons used this past month (Sig & Glock pistols and the AR15) had been secured… these individuals would not have had access to commit their crimes against others.
At this point I feel the rally for COG vs GC is our best effort for most of us that are responsible owners.

Criminals do not care. They break into places, gun safes, etc...and steal what was secured.

That said... If the weapons used this past month (Sig & Glock pistols and the AR15) had been secured... these individuals would not have had access to commit their crimes against others.

How do you know the weapons were not secured by their owners? Safes only slow determined crooks a few seconds at best.

That said... If the weapons used this past month (Sig & Glock pistols and the AR15) had been secured... these individuals would not have had access to commit their crimes against others.

Maybe you were out of town when the revelation came that the killer murdered his mother and got her firearms. Dead people do not resist the theft of keys to access firearms in a gun locker or safe. Dead people are a little handicapped in the COG department.

Maybe you were out of town when the revelation came that the killer murdered his mother and got her firearms. Dead people do not resist the theft of keys to access firearms in a gun locker or safe. Dead people are a little handicapped in the COG department.

May I add to this Dave: CT has an AWB and mag cap limit already. They also have a required proof of secure storage after purchase #10. (In NY it's purchase #5). As this guys mother was an "avid gun collector" (according to the new reports) you can can be pretty sure all of the weapons used were locked up.

As you stated: being the first one killed, she could hardly prevent the theft of her weapons, locked up or not.

Breaking: Marysville officer charged in daughter’s fatal shooting

Second-degree manslaughter charges have been filed against a Marysville police officer in the March accidental shooting death of his 7-year-old daughter in Stanwood.

<broken link removed>

Update to the story: the officer in this story is fired from the Marysville Police Department.

<broken link removed>

A cautionary tale, friends. Secure those guns, AND train your young ones!

My dad is from Kentucky. When we (my brother, sister & I) were kids, we were taught at a very early age about firearms, and it continued to be on ongoing education as we grew older. My dad kept a loaded shotgun next to the couch, behind his bedroom door, and a .357 revolver next to his bed. Because we were educated about firearms, we never touched them. Fast forward to me becoming employed in a job that had me bringing a handgun home from work with me. I had kids that were 4 & 2 at the time. I explained to my wife the logic behind my madness when I started cleaning my pistol in front of them. The two of them would get their toy Nerf guns, and would remind each other of what I told them the entire time- "Don't touch Daddy's gun". The first chance I got, when they were about 6 & 4, we (my Dad & the rest of the family), went out in the woods shooting. The kids were able to see and experience firsthand what guns could do. I never left mine out where they could get ahold of them, and the kids are now 23 & 21. I used to tell my neighbors, when they asked, that I have a few gunsafes, because I didn't know what other parents taught their kids. I personally feel that parents should take any reasonable method of securing their firearms to prevent children from gaining access to them. To me, reasonable means locked up, somehow, either in a safe, or with trigger locks, as not everyone can afford to spend a grand of more on a safe. I will never understand why Carlile chose not to simply keep his ankle rig on and conduct his business- it was a Saturday, so he wasn't going into the government building. What happened is something he will live the rest of his life felling pain about. I don't pity him, but I don't think further ruining the family is really productive, either.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top