JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
should be like New Hampshire where public hanging is still an option.

i think that would get the message across a lot better than a cell for the rest of your life.

and guilty as hell beyond all contestation, he would never be able to appeal a case, and the state would have zero to worry about in this, the proof is irrefutable, we have all seen it!

I did not follow that case closely, so I have not seen any "irrefutable proof", but I thought he claimed self defense. Is there a smoking gun video or something?

Some more interesting data on relation between murders and death penalty :

Country | Homicide Rate | Death penalty
US | 4.8 | YES
Iceland | 0.3 | NO
Austria | 0.6 | NO
Switzerland | 0.7 | NO
Spain | 0.8 | NO
Germany | 0.8 | NO
Denmark | 0.9 | NO
Italy | 0.9 | NO
Canada | 1.6 | NO

That incomplete list makes the US look horrible, so I checked the full list of countries. 88 countries with higher homicide rates than the USA. Click on the "Rate" column heading to sort by ascending or descending:

I did not follow that case closely, so I have not seen any "irrefutable proof", but I thought he claimed self defense. Is there a smoking gun video or something?

That incomplete list makes the US look horrible, so I checked the full list of countries. 88 countries with higher homicide rates than the USA. Click on the "Rate" column heading to sort by ascending or descending:

In a way, Yes, there is plenty of "Smoking Gun" evidence on him!
He was well known for carrying a knife and making lethal threats, and he was also known to specifically threaten to stab people in the neck!
The video evidence of the actual attack shows him first shoving and then Stabbing, and right after he gets off the train, he threatens others with stabbing, and he knows he has killed at least two people and is seen to be proud of it! All on video!
Should be an open and bubblegum case!

Not only should Oregon carry it out but in the cases where the guilt of the person is without question...like when there's a clear video showing the person committing the crime...It should take 72 hours from arrest to arraignment to trial to appeal to LIGHT HIM UP!

And ok 72 hours is probably a little unrealistic. I'm not suggesting we circumvent due process or not give enough time to prepare a thorough defense. I'm just saying it ought to be relatively quick and damn sure shouldn't take 20 years with a dozen appeals. If we're going to have the death penalty...and we should...the we SHOULD HAVE THE FREAKING DEATH PENALTY!

Poll at the Oregonian for an article about whether Oregon should carry out death penalties or not. Personally I think it is an excellent deterrent and reminder to criminals and gang bangers to NOT do certain things like shooting and killing people and such.

Oregon shows no inclination to carry out the death penalty -- should it? (Poll)

I no longer read the Oregonian since they stopped allowing comments. The Newhouse family, for whatever reason known to them, are trying to control the narrative and sway public opinion, and it will work eventually, but I won't play the game or dance to their tune. Feel free to fall into it if you wish. I won't.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top