Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Should it stay or shouild it go?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by kenno, Sep 20, 2011.

1. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

The Cabela's Uberti 45 Colt shown below has a turned down hammer, sweet trigger and is a good shooter, out to 65 yards I get 85% hits.
    Problem is the sights, front and rear are too indistinct at longer ranges which is where I usually shoot and my hit ratio drops below 20%. I can install a narrow gold bead front sight and I believe it would be good out to 100 yards. Is it worth the hassle?
    I have a Colt SAA 45 Colt so it's not like I'd be cutting my nose off.
    I think I would have more fun shooting @ long range with a Tokerev and loads of cheaper ammo.
    What's your advise

uberti 002.jpg

2. A.I.P.

A.I.P. UpperUS Active Member

Great pic!
    What is the cost of a new sight installed?
    What is the cost of 45 Colt ammo?
    What is the cost of TOK ammo?
    Do you really think a Tokarev can give that kind of accuracy @65 yards?
    Or do you just want to blast away with cheap ammo?

3. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Since you are dissatisfied in the way it shoots at longer ranges, and since you already have a Colt SAA, I recommend leaving the sight alone and selling the Uberti to get a pistol better able to meet your long range criteria.

4. CleverName

CleverName Southern Oregon Active Member

I would think shooting a Tokarev at longer ranges would just be infuriating. Perhaps that was the point? ANyway, thats a great looking gun, and it may not be too expensive to change the sights to your liking. I vote keep it.

5. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

It's terrible, a truly awful gun, it will never be acurate! sell it to me!!!!

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Sell it and buy a new toy. Guns are tools and trading a tool you don't use for one you will is always a good idea. Plus, the fun of buying a new gun always outweighs the satisfaction of having an old one.

7. A.I.P.

A.I.P. UpperUS Active Member

I'm still debating myself!

8. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

Check out the "Evil Roy" by Cimarron. Better sights and you can get it in .357.