JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
one of my stoopid priming tools has a problems every now again - and on Friday it did this.

how much do i need the case?

primer thing.jpg

Hate to admit it but I've had that happen several times. Not sure why but somehow the primer becomes inverted in the priming arm. I just screw the decapping die into the press and SLOWLY press out the primer. It takes a sharp blow to ignite the primer so go slow and gently.

Gee's how long you guys been reloading.

1. take your little squirt bottle of WD-40 and put a single drop of WD-40 on the primer. allow it to soak in over night the primer will now be dead. I use a Lee Punch and Anvil to remove all my primers using a plastic hammer.

If you get a primer that seats wrong or maybe you buy a bag of cases and someone pulled the slugs on some and left the primers. Do the same thing but put 3-4 drops in to soak down and kill the primer. be sure to wash the oil out before returning the case to your inventory

If you reload, this has either already happened to you or will happen to you in the future. When this happens to me I just remove the bullet and powder if it has passed through the progressive and just toss the case into the case feeder for another trip through. If it happens when hand priming I just deprime on my single stage. A slow stroke will not set the primer off, it requires a sharp blow, just like the firing pin. Even if it were to ignite, there is a hole in the shell holder that will take the "flame". Haven't had a primer like this go off in almost 40 years of reloading. Can't say the same for my vacuum cleaner though when it finds a primer that's gone off to play in the carpet:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top