Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Should I trade my mossberg 500 for a finnish mosin nagant>?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Finnish Nagant, May 27, 2013.

1. Finnish Nagant

Finnish Nagant United States New Member

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I figured being labeled Rifle and shotgun discussion, it might be a good place to start.

I have a mossberg 500 with home defense barrel and a bird barrel, plus an extra stock and 25 rounds of ammo

A friend of mine wants to trade for a finnish mosin, mostly matching serial numbers, shoots .8moa ,and has never had corrosive ammo in it, is this a good trade or am I just being dumb? The mosin also comes with a 60 rounds of brass ammo. thoughts?

2. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

depends on the finn what kind? M39 M28/30 M27 etc etc

3. Finnish Nagant

M39 sorry with pistol grip style stock, here is a pic Screen Shot 2013-05-27 at 10.52.58 PM.jpg , i forgot to include that.

Screen Shot 2013-05-27 at 10.52.58 PM.jpg

4. saxon

M39 still going for around $300 and up unless its a sneek or a hex reciver with some history then more , so,,,,,,,,,,,,guess it depends on how bad you want to trade
    no by brass ammo do you mean boxer primed? reloadable? then that adds to the price a few $$ but if its brass cased berdan then not much

5. Finnish Nagant

it is indeed a hex receiver as well, which is my motivation for the trade.......I hate letting go of a gun, but I also love a new one....

6. saxon

well check the date on the tang ;) unless you already did you never know what you might have ...and good luck with your delema i know of a finned 1915 peter the great both eagles intact in a finn stock for $400 that i am dying to get but cant make the jump :D

7. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

The Mossberg is a commodity; the Finnish Mosin is a piece of history.

ogre, trainsktg, GOG and 3 others like this.
  8. Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen Washington County New Member

I love Mossberg 500s, but as my Grandfather was a full Finn born in MN, and his family sent aid to their siblings and cousins throughout both World Wars.....I'm solidly in the Finnish Mosin camp.

9. micdude

micdude EDMONDS Member

Trade the shotgun Finn's are hard to find and run 350 on up depending on markings and rarity, you can always find a shotgun for cheep.

GOG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. tahoe2

tahoe2 Seattle area, Washington state Member

Haven't shot one or even held one before. But as far as Mosin's go; I've heard the "Finn's" are the one's to have.
    Very accurate and the workmanship is very nice. The ones I have seen in stores were Russian or Chinese and beat
    to heck, wouldn't chunk anything down on those.