JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should I stop postng photos of my collection?

• Stop bragging ya jerk!

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • No, keep 'em coming!

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Sell them to me.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Can I be in your will?

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters
Photos and the stories behind the guns are great.
On our forum we have lots of different collectors and collection tastes.
Each photo and thread about a type of gun can give us more knowledge ...and what's the point of knowing something , if you can't or won't pass that knowledge on...?
Andy

There wasn't a vote option for "keep my mouth shut and not advertise to the world what I have". ;)

Seriously, I might be inclined to post some rare/seldom-seen items, but not everything. And even at that, I wouldn't share too much.

Advertising your stuff is a good way to have an "uninvited visitor" someday. Whether it be someone from a 3-letter agency, angry neighbor, career criminal, et al...... As we all know, there are unscrupulous people in the world and I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't some lurking on here.

It is neat to see the picts, and would be nice to read a little about each, but in the end it is up to you to advertise your stuff or not.

:s0145:

Just sayin'.

oops I lost it.jpg

There wasn't a vote option for "keep my mouth shut and not advertise to the world what I have". ;)

Seriously, I might be inclined to post some rare/seldom-seen items, but not everything. And even at that, I wouldn't share too much.......
:s0145:

Photos and the stories behind the guns are great.
On our forum we have lots of different collectors and collection tastes.
Each photo and thread about a type of gun can give us more knowledge ...and what's the point of knowing something , if you can't or won't pass that knowledge on...?
Andy
I vacillate between the two schools of thought.
I grew up knowing from a coworker of Dad's about the effects of "gun control"(spit) and "gun registration" (spit) when the Nazis rolled into town. Take the records, go door to door, collect ANY guns (not just "assault weapons") or shoot the noncompliant on the spot. I've been paying attention since at least 1965 and am well aware there is a segment in our population that wants very much to do the same. Not to mention simple low-life thieves who would work much harder at stealing than they ever would at producing.

OTOH, hiding may not be a long term defense if we continue to allow ourselves to be turned into the feared "other". The all too common thread, with the discovery of an "arsenal" of 4-5 guns, "I never knew, he seemed like such a nice man" needs to change to "He's a nice man who helps everyone and would never harm anyone. WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING TO DO TO HIM THAT MAKES YOU AFRAID OF HIS GUNS??"

A tough task I know since the press has been largely replaced by the Ministry of Propaganda which actively sells the "guns cause crime" baloney.

Showing that there's history, mechanical genius, and Freedom connected with guns and that any evil comes from the dark hearts of men may help more people to realize the need to focus on making fewer evil men instead of worrying about what tools they may use.

I'm getting to the age where I am more aware that I can't take them with me so I need to be more active in working to be sure I have a safe place to leave them.

I have a good secure system with 3 levels, mechanical, electronic and organic with big teeth and a bad attitude, and that's just my wife.

If the rest of ya'll think the .gov doesn't already know who the gun owners are, cute memes are not gonna help. Even if they don't find them, you'll rot in hell anyway.

You all have seen the huge NSA site outside DDenver, right?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top