JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should negative feedback be left for this situation?

• Yes, he deserves negative feedback

Votes: 69 89.6%
  • No, don't sully his reputation based on this.

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters
I am not a fan of negative feedback unless actual damages or a real offense has occured. Having bought and sold on a large auction site for over a decade I have been able to keep a 100% feedback rating on well over 2000 transactions and always left positive feedback with just a small handful of exceptions, which were actual rip offs. Usually a truthful opinion, with a positive or neutral feedback was adequate on a completed transaction. It is also courteous to give the other person every bit of understanding I would like to receive under a similar circumstance.

Further, as the transaction was not completed, I am not sure it would be correct to leave any type of feedback. Certainly a PM may be in order, but I would prefer we all leave feedback only on actual completed transactions.

MM

I am not a fan of negative feedback unless actual damages or a real offense has occured. Having bought and sold on a large auction site for over a decade I have been able to keep a 100% feedback rating on well over 2000 transactions and always left positive feedback with just a small handful of exceptions, which were actual rip offs. Usually a truthful opinion, with a positive or neutral feedback was adequate on a completed transaction. It is also courteous to give the other person every bit of understanding I would like to receive under a similar circumstance.

Further, as the transaction was not completed, I am not sure it would be correct to leave any type of feedback. Certainly a PM may be in order, but I would prefer we all leave feedback only on actual completed transactions.

MM

The "transaction" wasn't completed because the other guy tried to get more money the last minute and then backed out. If he's going to do that once, he'll definitely do it again. People need to be forewarned. Big Negative for him.

I agree that we need a system to verify a members business practices. More then once I have had members agree to a sale or trade and back out. Despite NWFA aversion to a bidding system, certain members do cancel deals and go with a higher bidder. If you agree to a deal, its final unless something was misrepresented. Our current feedback system doesn't cover deals that don't happen. I have chosen to let these members know that I will not deal them again. I would also like to add, that very recently (today actually) I made a deal with a member with less then perfect feedback, and ended up getting burned. So buyer/seller beware. I am starting to think I should ask for references.

In the case of adding charges or pressuring the buyer for more money, bait and switch issues and misrepresented items, I agree there should be a tool to use for leaving that info out there for other buyers / traders / sellers to be aware of. As far as backing out of a deal as a buyer / trader or seller, maybe the item was not exaclty what they wanted when seen. Buying the other person a cup of coffee for their effort would be courteous. But a negative feedback in this case is a bit much. If both parties are polite to each other in the transaction process, I feel that is primary. We as gun owners should set examples of proper conduct, politeness and fair play whenever possible.

MM

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads