Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Should I go Shootng Here Again?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by frizzz, Aug 26, 2008.

1. frizzz

frizzz Clackamas Member

This tree is about to fall right on the firing line.
    Know wonder you guys keep your shooting spots so secret look what people do. :huh::huh::huh:

2. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

post where that secret spot is or you will forever me marked as a secret spot hold out!

FOR SHAME!

And hell yes go back with more ammo and blow that stupid tree down. If you need help I will bring my .22

3. frizzz

frizzz Clackamas Member

I could never forgive myself if that tree fell on you.

4. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

I guess I have to see the firing line.. too bad you just can't cut it down.

5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Sad, that tree is as good as dead. I hate it when other shooters do stupid stuff and give the rest of us a bad name. Just more ammo for the enviro-nuts.

6. berettamod96

berettamod96 Member

Its a renewable resource. In the grand scheme of things its nothing when you consider how much burn up in forest fires every year. There are more trees in the pacific northwest now than there were in the 1930s. That little tidbit of information is something the environmentalists dont know or dont want you to know.

7. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

one of the funnier thing i ever heard happened in az a while back, A guy was shooting one of the large saguaro cactus and it fell on him killing him, I thought that was a real nice turn of things.

8. m'kay13

m'kay13 Boardman, OR Member

That sucks. It is too bad that gun owners have to behave like that on publicly accessible property. That said, a friend and I once mowed down a few alders on his parent's property when we were in middle school. Guess who had to plant some trees the following weekend?

9. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Both classic. :laugh:

10. markw76

markw76 Portland/Moscow on the Willamette Member

Use a chainsaw and build up a backstop.

11. frizzz

frizzz Clackamas Member

I went up shooting there today and the tree is still standing.

12. markw76

You obviously aren't taking enough ammo with you.

13. MikeIsh

MikeIsh Portland Member

Your comments are true. But, that kind of behavior in the public forests is bad news for all of us who shoot.
    We need to be low impact, especially with the hate for gun owners in the administration.

14. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

I agree with this guy! The environuts have a hardon for 4WD enthusiasts as well and the hillbilly basterds with 4x4's do stupid **** out in the woods to fuel their fire all the time! These few individuals make the rest of us respectful wheelers look bad. Suddenly in the eyes of the ignorant we are all painted as disrespectful inbreds simply by driving a built up 4WD with God forbid mud on the tires. The impression suddenly becomes that all occupants of said vehicle are drunken armed fellons.

15. markw76

I'd definitely fall it and build a backstop up. And not broadcast where it is.

16. NK777

I live in the woods and shoot in my own backyard, off my own back deck, into my own hillside, so maybe I just don't understand where you guys are coming from...

If I want to take out one of my own tree's more power to me but I don't understand what gives you or anybody else the right to take down a public tree on public land. Just because it's public doesn't make it yours. It makes it ours doesn't it.

17. crazytimme

crazytimme Tacoma area Member

First - Their may be a billion trees, and they grow back, but that is destroying public property (and it is illegal not to shot a manufactured target the you bring and remove)

Second - All that is needed is for some anti-gunny to take a picture and use it to persuade someone that is on the line, with the way the legislative and executive branch are going we can't afford to give them any fuel.

Third - The forest is public, use it, don't abuse it, would you cut(half or whole) a tree down in play ground in neighborhood school. Yes I shoot up in the forest, But I also hike and camp up their, and I don't want to see shot up trees.

18. NK777

Again I agree!

Do not feed the ignorant enviromentals! :bluelaugh:

19. OcelotZ3

OcelotZ3 Corvallis Active Member

Got a real, science-based source for that quote?

There certainly are TONS of tiny little christmas trees on tree farms. I wouldn't compare those to old growth or a real forest though...

20. Otis

Otis Vancouver, WA Member

I am not by any means an enviro-nut but i find this statement to be absurd. So by your frame of mind, one could go up to another human being and blow them away. Why not humans are a renewable resource, in the grand scheme of things it is nothing compared to how many loose their lives in war, there are far more now than there were in 1930.

My point is that just because it is a renewable resource and there "seams" to be a lot of them doesn’t make it ok to blow one to bits just for the fun of it. I'm really not trying to start a fight but just angers me when people don’t have respect for property for no apparent reason.