JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't been able to find a Sako manufactured muzzle brake in stock anywhere in the USA.
Wondering if I should get a custom-built brake, or hold out for one made specifically by Sako.

If a custom brake is fine for this rifle (30-06 with 5/8 x 24 barrel threads) then do you have any recommendations for who to buy it from?

IMG_9865 (1).jpeg

EDIT: this is not a thread about whether or not a muzzle brake should be used on this rifle. I'm specifically not looking for advise on that particular decision.

Email Nathan at Muzzle Brakes and More hes out of Bosie ID. I have his brakes on all my threaded rifles he does beautiful work you will not be disappointed.

You can also see demonstrations on youtube he puts them on a recoil sled to show the difference between his brakes with various calibers. like @Andy54Hawken said they are loud my 6.5 with his 3 port self timing Beast Brake is a cannon. But man there fun :s0060:

20210405_141021.jpg

Email Nathan at Muzzle Brakes and More hes out of Bosie ID. I have his brakes on all my threaded rifles he does beautiful work you will not be disappointed.

You can also see demonstrations on youtube he puts them on a recoil sled to show the difference between his brakes with various calibers. like @Andy54Hawken said they are loud my 6.5 with his 3 port self timing Beast Brake is a cannon. But man there fun :s0060:

View attachment 855802
Thanks - just sent him an email now :)

I am a big fan of muzzle brakes but as Andy cautioned they do increase the volume significantly. I always wear ear plugs and electronic muffs when I shoot so it doesn't bother me. The people next to me don't seem to complain since I am down on my belly and the concrete benches probably block most of the shockwave. I do end up eating their cute .223 brass so I guess it all works out.

Nice thing about brakes is that they are easily interchangeable and you can try any number of the zillion diff brakes out there. IMO there is no need to wait for a SAKO brake, but if a matching brake is important to you, you might want to get one (eventually) just to have it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top