JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just don't know much about sks's I have an opportunity to buy a Norinco SKS M. Supposedly it takes ak mags. They guy is offering it to me for 400. Seems like a good price. Does not have original stock. So that disappoints me. Good price? Go lower?
What makes it an M?

image.jpeg image.jpeg

If its a true type M, for $400 yes thats a deal. Because type M's go for $500-$650 (crazy).

If its a standard SKS and it really only take duckbill mags and NOT AK mags then no, $400 for an SKS without an origional stock or bayonet is a bit steep.

The mag catch is right there so it's an M (or perhaps a D). $400 is fair.

IIRC, the stocks were marked with the SN so finding another factory stock won't increase it's value much more as it won't have a matching SN.

The thing I really don't like about it that stupid stock. But I really like the ak mag capability. I just can't seem to find much information on the type m thing. What is that about? I see type m sks's on gunbroker for 600-800. That's with the original stock though

Yeah I am seeing an assortment of wood SkS stocks on eBay for a decent price. I really don't understand why people buy these sorts of stocks and modify them. Its disgusting when I see a "custom" Mosin with a archangel stock on Armslist with a ridiculous asking price.:rolleyes: Just my 2 cents. Gonna offer 350 and see what happens

Yeah I am seeing an assortment of wood SkS stocks on eBay for a decent price. I really don't understand why people buy these sorts of stocks and modify them. Its disgusting when I see a "custom" Mosin with a archangel stock on Armslist with a ridiculous asking price.:rolleyes: Just my 2 cents. Gonna offer 350 and see what happens

The big downside to the SKS over an AK is the 10 round fixed mags work the best.

The M models fixed that and even without the original stock that thing will sell at $400 easy.

I sold a used but matching numbers milled SkS for $600 last summer. Took me about 3 weeks to find a buyer.

I put Tupperware on my SKS and its not that bad.

But it came with the stock on the right (the middle is a replica I was making out of walnut but it had a knot in it so I did not finish)
ud5FDwG.jpg

This is what it came with:

leXeCd5.jpg
1Gh8Bu0.jpg
xfC22vM.jpg

If the SKS and SKS-m stocks are the same there are unissued ones to find
SKS Stock and Handguard, New, Original (http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/sks-stock-and-handguard-new-original.aspx)

I use to own one when I lived in HI (pre 2005). It was called a Mod D back then. Mine came with a thumb hole stock. Lucky me, I was later able to get ahold of a Chinese monte carlo style stock for it.

IMHO......it's an SKS. It uses an AK47 magazine. So, you got a quick reloading magazine changing SKS. Not much difference from an AK. But, it ain't an AK.

BTW, back then I could pick up a used Chinese AK for a cheap price. Thus, not being a collector, it was sold off (IIRC $450, with both stocks). Yes, the new buyer paid a premium for this "Special AK."

Aloha, Mark

PS....so I was searching the classified here and came across this link provided by another member. WOW!! A lot of info that I never saw before about the Mod D and M.

http://www.yooperj.com/SKS-14.htm

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top