JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Yes or No?

• YES. Best choice for compact 45ACP

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • NO. Better buy something else

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK. Never heard of it. My opinion is that you should probably wait 'til a few decades pass to attest to its viability or the converse. By then, we'll be using ray-guns or be literally shackled to a forked, wooden, earth turning implement.. or the voting box, heh.
good luck

I do not own a Kahr I shot a 9mm one a long time ago.

I have heard positives and negatives about them, as in they are either trouble free and go bang all of the time, or they have some jamming issues.

If the gun fits your hand and needs buy it, but before that I would look and consider S&W, Glock, Sig, Springfield, and others.

I've owned a P45 and it was a fine handgun. The CW model has a bit sharper edged slide and didn't feel as well built.
I also have a Kahr K9, yes I know, it's a 9mm. Built very well and I use it as my backup...well, sometimes my Ruger LCR.

Be well,
Will

I've got one and it dosen't suck one bit. Had it for about 2 years now, probably about 1500 rounds through it without issue.

No problems whatsoever. My only gripe is that it only came with one magazine.....

I can share my thoughts about the design but the only Kahr I ever owned was a CW9. I am the type who likes things simple.... why make things more complicated and less reliable, right? so that is why I love Glocks. I keep catching myself comparing pistols to Glocks and rifles to AKs.

The frame of my CW9 was really simple and I liked the rails (the slide would fit over the front rails in the dust cover) in the dust cover area... kinda different and neat. However, when I tried to take the slide apart just to see how things looked, I was not too excited and I decided not to take the slide apart after watching some YouTube vids on how it's done. Stripping the slide on the CW9 was not as simple as a Glock slide and that really turned me off.

I did manage to put about 50 rounds through my CW9 and I didn't have a single problem. So after the whole slide disassembly thing , I decided to trade a LEO for his G27. It also sucks that Kahr's CW line comes with one mag.... come on Kahr! but I understand why... to save money on the buyer's end I guess. I am also not a big fan of the single stack mags because the bullets sat in the mag funny but I think that's a 9mm thing.... with the .45, I don't think you will have that problem. I used to have a few 1911s and the ammo didn't sit in the magazine funny. I think it's something about the shells being tapered?... anywho

I did enjoy carrying the pistol though. I'd wear it IWB in an Ace Case holster and it felt great. I was also pleased with the quality and the CNC work was well done.

So many negative votes and good amount positive feed backs. :confused:
All vote NO If you don't have any opinions/personal experience with this gun please leave your suggestion.
I'm more than happy to hear your suggestion. :s0155:
Thank you all.

If you are looking for a slim lightweight simple concealable very affordable gun in 45 ACP that has a super smooth DAO trigger then yes you should buy one. I have previously owned a Kahr CW40, and 2 other CW45s and currently own the slightly higher end pricier version of the almost exact same gun a P45, and I also have a cm9. They have a 200 round break in period but I haven't had any issues with them before then. As long as you don't limp wrist it you should have no problems with jamming. They are not an all day at the range gun but are a great carry gun. One thing I like about them is that you can use ACT-MAG 7 round 1911 officer model magazines that fit almost as flush as the factory 6 rounders giving you an extra round in the same size package. You can get one for about $350. You can't beat that kind of value:s0155: I'm a Kahr fan. The 9 mm is great too. The .40 is a little snappy for my taste in such a light package stick with the 9 or .45.

If you are looking for a slim lightweight simple concealable very affordable gun in 45 ACP that has a super smooth DAO trigger then yes you should buy one. I have previously owned a Kahr CW40, and 2 other CW45s and currently own the slightly higher end pricier version of the almost exact same gun a P45, and I also have a cm9. They have a 200 round break in period but I haven't had any issues with them before then. As long as you don't limp wrist it you should have no problems with jamming. They are not an all day at the range gun but are a great carry gun. One thing I like about them is that you can use ACT-MAG 7 round 1911 officer model magazines that fit almost as flush as the factory 6 rounders giving you an extra round in the same size package. You can get one for about $350. You can't beat that kind of value:s0155: I'm a Kahr fan. The 9 mm is great too. The .40 is a little snappy for my taste in such a light package stick with the 9 or .45.

Thank you

So you are saying the 45 Kahrs accept 1911 mags? That is some fine intel. How did I not know that?[/QUOTE]

I accidentally stumbled on this when I bought my first Cw 45. I went on youtube and found video of people experimenting with 1911 officer model magazine s in them. Apparently it is finicky and does not like all brands but several mentioned ACT MAG brands as reliably functioning in them and locking the side back after the last round is fired. They are way cheaper than the factory magazines so I ordered some from midway and tried it out for myself and found that they worked perfectly with no issues they are a slight fraction of an inch longer than the factory 6 rounder but sit almost as flush. I also like Glocks but appreciate a good revolver like dao trigger. It is one of my favorite features. I liked it enough to switch my pocket carry to a cm9 from keltec which had a mushier pull that is functional but not a pleasure to shoot like the kahr or a glassy smooth Smith and Wesson revolver.

So it is more of a selective thing as opposed a good option for a BUG to a 1911 using say Wilson 47D mags?

I never tried my 47D mags from my 1911 in the Kahr so I can't comment on them, all I did was verify that the ACT MAG brand in 7 & 8 round magazines worked perfectly locked the slide back and dropped free just like the videos said they would. From what I could tell the issue with other brands was not so much feeding rounds through the gun but whether it would drop free because of variation in the size and shape of some of the magazine catch notches on the magazines or whether they would lock the slide back after the last round fired again because of variations in the design of the feed lips. Some people achieved success with other brands by modifying them but I generally would shy away with tinkering with equipment that you might trust your life with someday. It is a great question though next time I go to the range I will bring my 47 D mags with my Kahr and see what happens.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top