JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
im going back and forth on if I should buy a glock or not. Looking around the $550 mark. 9mm and would like a threaded barrel for my suppressor. A glock 19 with factory threaded barrel hits the spot but is there any other options I should be looking at. This will be a target, suppressed, carry gun. Before I pull the trigger I wanted to make sure I weighed all the options

Its one of the better options. Go with your gut.

I had to ditch the 19 due to the angle of the trigger guard and grooves
(sucks for big hands) so Im a 17 guy.
Modularity, spare threaded barrels out the wazoo.. Cant go wrong.

I have one. And I think its a great option. I was never much of a Glock guy but the Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks are excellent and my Gen 3 is the most reliable gun I've owned. Well, my Ruger P89 would give it a run but I don't want to carry that boat anchor.

Is it a want or a need? I have a tirant 45 can that shoots pretty well on my 19 and 17 with subsonic ammo. What kind of can do u have? Are the threads fixed or can u swap via Pistons?Threaded barrels for glocks are 1/2x28. My hks are left handed metric threads, and my 45s are .578 x28. I want to get a 226 but that's another host and piston as sigs are metric rh threads. For the price the 19 is the best in my opinion. The m&p line are ok, but I would vote glock. Easy host, tons of parts, reliable, and prettiest ugliest pistol! Good luck

It's a need as far as my wife needs to know but more of a want. I have a tirant 9 that's threaded in 13.5x1 which is the same as the glock I'm wanting to pick up. I was considering the xds but as far as I know you cannot pick up a xd with a factory threaded barrel, so that would add another $200 on top of the gun. I just haven't been much of a glock fan. Everything is pointing to glock why am I fighting it o_O

I've got three Glocks (21, 23, and 26). I have a KKM barrel on the 21 and a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion for the 23, both threaded. I have a .45 Osprey and with the .45 and 9mm pistons, I shoot it on both the 21 and the 23 with the conversion barrel. I happen to like them quite a bit, and they make great suppressor hosts. They are solid, completely reliable, and can be modded inexpensively all day. I have Meprolight sights and factory 5lb connectors on all mine....and I like them quite a bit. I'd buy with confidence.....one man's opinion.

Words of advice from a 1911 guy.

Just buy the darn thing! They are great guns and if for some reason you decide you don't like it, there are several who will take it off of your hands.
I've only shot one Glock. 19C. Personally I thought it was as ugly as every other Glock I've seen, but looks don't matter when it's time to use a gun. I believe you will find all kinds of support (parts/info) with the 19 that you will lack on most other pistols besides a 1911.

As long as it points well for you, buy it. I don't care for glocks myself, but they are reliable, parts are cheap, and they're easy to sell. Worst case, you change your mind later and lose $25.

It's a need as far as my wife needs to know but more of a want. I have a tirant 9 that's threaded in 13.5x1 which is the same as the glock I'm wanting to pick up. I was considering the xds but as far as I know you cannot pick up a xd with a factory threaded barrel, so that would add another $200 on top of the gun. I just haven't been much of a glock fan. Everything is pointing to glock why am I fighting it o_O

Is that 13.5x1 a standard glock factory pitch? If so that's pretty cool! I have a lone wolf that's 1/2x28! I have a xds that I really liked until it came back from the recall. I think u should go with the glock! How do u like your can? Have u tried the 45 tirant on any of your 9s? I would be curious to hear an opinion. Anyway, I think the 19 is calling now?????!?!?

Just keep in mind that most pistol silencers are typically for sub sonic ammo. Shooting super sonic center fire rifle rounds through one, even without baffle strikes, will usually tear things up. I do know a guy that shoots 300BlackOut sub sonic through his .45 Osprey, claims to have never had a problem. YMMV....

I've done sub sonic through my tirant 45 and it's worked, but I'd Perfer to just step up to the rifle can... Sub sonic 9 is pretty damn quite through my 45 tirant, so I can only imagine a true 9 can... I want both but can't justify... Jmurray192, if u buy the 19, I might get the motivation to buy another can????!!!

My Son has had a 19 for 20+ years, his only gun. I guess he likes it. The Warden (Wife) has smaller hands but she bought a 17 Gen 4 as she liked the grasp with the bigger frame, better. I have a 29 Gen 4 and I don't really care for the short, fat grip. I have it for a reason though and it is accurate, just not a great range pistol like a 20 might be. Generally I like to shoot the bigger frames with Glock.

Pulled the trigger. Got some free swag also. Went to MLC in salem. Good guys in their. LMT looks like you need to put your new can on order ;)

DSC_0547.JPG

Nice!!!! Challenge accepted!!!! Congrats on the pic up. Does glock do threaded barrels on gen 4s? Looks good! Enjoy it and your can will be here before u know it!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top