JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can't count how many mossbergs and mav88s have been through my paws for $150-200 over the years. 870s too , but more like $200-300 range. Mostly 12ga came and went. 20ga less frequently and I kept a few of them.
No .410 pumps in my past.

Now it seems like they just aren't around cheap and are being replaced with churchills and the like.

This thought sprang forth while browsing the cdnn ad today. I realized these new import pumps are the new go to cheap offering. I haven't tried one so I'm not a hater(yet).

Better hit the pawn shops soon , I guess.

Speaking for myself , as one who has traded or sold more than a few guns....
Kicking oneself , only results in a sore , contorted body....:D

The sold or traded guns are gone...wishing you hadn't sold or traded them , won't bring 'em back.
In the words of Elsa : Let it go....
And go forth to find others.....:D
Andy

Last Edited:
I picked up a model 12 for $400 on here. I'll take an oldie over a new gun most days. Don't let my newly acquired Benelli M2 know though....

Getting away from (not completely out) 12ga has been limiting.
20ga is just the sweet spot for me and my shoulder. A couple of really decent police magnum 870s have been through my hands. Those are apparently $600 plus now? I still have a well worn, broken in wingmaster in 20ga . Love that one

20 gauge is my favorite shotgun gauge....and yep finding a good used shotgun in that gauge , can be tough at times.
As you noted...in times past , quality , older shotguns were easy to find and affordable for the most part....now , not so much.
Andy

I've put down turkeys with a 20ga just as dead as with my 3.5" 12ga. But I still like my shoulder cannon while I'm young enough to tolerate it. And since every shotgun I own is 12ga, I'm hesitant to change.

Was nice being able to buy brand new Mossbergs for well under $400 a couple years back. Quality shotguns seem to go faster than anything else these days. All these brands I've never heard of are popping up at low prices manufactured in small poor countries and they make me sceptical for any dollar amount.

Kicking oneself , only results in a sore , contorted body....:D
As one of my favorite people in the world once said:

1617575284193.png

Can't count how many mossbergs and mav88s have been through my paws for $150-200 over the years. 870s too , but more like $200-300 range. Mostly 12ga came and went. 20ga less frequently and I kept a few of them.

Now it seems like they just aren't around cheap and are being replaced with churchills and the like.

This thought sprang forth while browsing the cdnn ad today. I realized these new import pumps are the new go to cheap offering. I haven't tried one so I'm not a hater(yet).

Myself I don't care about the mossberg pumps etc that r gone cuz I still have ones I need and there are just so many of them out there. I view them as reliable and utilitarian and easily replaced if needed. Some of the really beautiful and handcrafted guns though like old double barrels, man I would hate to lose those.

Well, the thread title was kind of a tease ... :p

As to the question, meh, I wouldn't worry about it. Our firearms collection has always been in a constant state of flux; fascinations come and go, as do the guns acquired due to said. I can't really think of any major regrets over a firearm we jettisoned. Variety is the spice of life.

Usually I've sold a gun because either my interests changed or I found something that filled the same niche that I liked better, so the gun became unused. Or I needed the money more than the gun. Or both. The only regrets were selling off the Colt 6" .44 Anaconda. What I regret was Magna-porting it. Turned out I don't like Magna-ported guns. Wish I still had it, but without the porting.

Before the era of gun transfers through dealers only, I could buy a gun used, shoot it for a while, and sell it at the same price. The only cost was the holsters, grips, or extra magazines I would also need, which normally had to be bought new, and upon which I could usually recover little or no value. A pretty inexpensive way to try out a gun.

Last Edited:

I once had a girlfriend I kicked to the curb for being a pot-head and banging any dude that supplied the weed ..... turned out she was a "4:20 pump".

Ba-da-bump..... thank you! :s0108:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads