JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking at picking up a can for the past 5 or so years now, never could bring myself to do it with the long wait.

Well today I finally realized I would have had a bunch of them by now if I would have just done it.
So I ordered two. A silencerco hybrid and a nomad 30. Let the waiting begin

Congrats!

The hybrid has always been a temptation. The thing is essentially a tank and can be used on virtually anything! It will cost as much in accessories though!!!

Congrats!

The hybrid has always been a temptation. The thing is essentially a tank and can be used on virtually anything! It will cost as much in accessories though!!!

Yea there is that! and they are definitely proud of their accessories!! but It also sounds as if the asr mount of the hybrid will also fit into the nomad-30 which will be nice to only need to run silencerco muzzle devices and be able to interchange on multiple firearms.

Like you, I kept thinking common sense would prevail and the horrific restrictions would end. But I still have no silencers and resort to doubling up on my hearing protection. All I've learned is that common sense isn't that common as it relates to politicians. What calibers did you get?

Best of luck!

Order a new one every 3 months and the wait times won't seem so bad. You will eventually want to suppress everything anyway. You can always move one or 2 cans around, but I think it's more trouble than it's worth. The go to guns should have dedicated suppressors mounted....IMO of course.

It makes shooting anything you have more pleasant. You do not need to shoot subsonic loads only to realize benefits of silencers.

Congrats BTW

Like you, I kept thinking common sense would prevail and the horrific restrictions would end. But I still have no silencers and resort to doubling up on my hearing protection. All I've learned is that common sense isn't that common as it relates to politicians. What calibers did you get?

Best of luck!

tell me about it, few years back I was hoping that the hearing protection act would have gone through. Figured it never would, but I was hopeful! should have known better. I went with the silencerco hybrid which is a multi caliber can up to .46 and the nomad-30 which is a .30 cal can.

If you're not always pending you're wasting time ;)

hahaha I like it. Well I guess I'll have plenty of time to decide what to get next.

Order a new one every 3 months and the wait times won't seem so bad. You will eventually want to suppress everything anyway. You can always move one or 2 cans around, but I think it's more trouble than it's worth. The go to guns should have dedicated suppressors mounted....IMO of course.

It makes shooting anything you have more pleasant. You do not need to shoot subsonic loads only to realize benefits of silencers.

Congrats BTW

That's an idea I can get behind!

Last Edited:
You'll love the hybrid. I absolutely love mine.

As for registration, it's the least of my NFA toys.

Look into the Dead Air KeyMount. I prefer it over ASR. I have both. I've had issues with ASR and the can sticking to the muzzle device.

good to know!
Lotta folks have no issues at all. I run my hybrid hard on short barrels. what works for me may not work for you. Usually it's a good idea to keep the mating surfaces of the mount clean.

KeyMount also allows you to put your can under rails or places you can't reach the ASR lock ring.

Lotta folks have no issues at all. I run my hybrid hard on short barrels. what works for me may not work for you. Usually it's a good idea to keep the mating surfaces of the mount clean.

KeyMount also allows you to put your can under rails or places you can't reach the ASR lock ring.

I also plan to run mine pretty hard on some shorter barrels 7.62 and 55.6 so we will see how it goes. Already have a few silencerco muzzles but watched a few videos and it seems tbat thekey mount is a much better design.

I've been looking at picking up a can for the past 5 or so years now, never could bring myself to do it with the long wait.

Well today I finally realized I would have had a bunch of them by now if I would have just done it.

I'm 9 NFA items deep now. First wait is the worst. Any after that you just get numb to it.

The SCUM will have you REGISTERED and it's a HUGE mistake

Lol you think you aint already on the list?

Congrats, this was me years ago. One day it dawned on me if I had just put one on order I would have had it a few times over.

Congrats BTW
@Sandaholic you beat me to it! Just keep ordering a new one every few months. Sometimes Silencer Shop has buy one get one $99 deals (not including stamps) I went on a kick a while back where I went in to pick up my new cans, only to have them hand me 4. "Oh ya it was buying one get one $99"

@68w TIP: Order all the possible mounts you may need for your new cans. I was advised this by my suppressor temptation grue that got me into them and I have never had a problem. BUT on this board, I have seen it posted a few times. "I finally got my new can and I cant use it, the manufacturer has a 4 month back order on the mount!". Get your mounts now, if all in stock then cool you're all set. If not you wait for your mounts WHY you wait for your cans. When Suppressor day hits, its the best day ever. I guess these days you might be hoarding some subsonic ammo too.

@68w TIP: Order all the possible mounts you may need for your new cans. I was advised this by my suppressor temptation grue that got me into them and I have never had a problem. BUT on this board, I have seen it posted a few times. "I finally got my new can and I cant use it, the manufacturer has a 4 month back order on the mount!". Get your mounts now, if all in stock then cool you're all set. If not you wait for your mounts WHY you wait for your cans. When Suppressor day hits, its the best day ever. I guess these days you might be hoarding some subsonic ammo too.
yea I'm just glad I finally pulled the trigger.

Good call on the accessories. I'll have to get a bunch of stuff ordered. Can't wait! Trying to forget about them, gotta stop watching YouTube videos

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top