JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i carry my glock 23 everywhere that is legal. if i need deeper concealment, i put either my lc9s or the shield on... no matter what. i carry at 3oclock IWB with the grip canted forward. ive never been uncomfortable except at the park with my kid and he wants me to swing next to him. the swing pushes the gun into my hip and it bites a little bit but not unbearable.

CoastRange57,

I am very happy you and yours were ok, I truly mean that.

Don't remember where I read it, but the writer had a 5 second rule. He felt his gun should always be accessible in no more than 5 seconds.

For some reason that has stuck with me and something I always consider. Even though, a lot of bad can happen in 5 seconds.

I was almost complacent today.

I unloaded the IWB from the waistline after church and set it on my bench. Brother and sister in law were here and we all decided on a group Costco trip (on a Sunday afternoon). I went out to the car and stopped mid threshold. Walked back in to my workbench, grabbed the IWB and slipped it in. Sure I had my edc knife but that's only going to get me so far.

No way I'm going anywhere with family and not carrying. Almost slipped.

I read American Rifleman every month and love the Armed Citizen column that has real self defense stories. Way too many of the stories have a clause like: "He was able to retrieve his firearm." There are so many SD scenarios that this outcome is not possible.

Pants on gun on. I plan my carry option for my destination and carry whenever possible!

Thanks for letting us learn from your experience!!

I too must confess that I put on my IWB holster in a rush to make an appointment the other day. Arriving at my destination I went to the latrine and dropped the drawers to find an empty holster..... WTH!!!!!:eek: I seemed to feel paniced as my mind raced to comprehend what would have happened had I needed it. A sick feeling for sure.:oops:

I've gotten all gunned up several times on my way out, and discovered after leaving the house that I grabbed everything but...a gun. My radar immediately turns up a notch.

EDIT: In light of this thread let me be more clear. I at least pocket carry at home all the time. So in reality, what I often do when I leave is not "gun up" but "up-gun" by grabbing a double-stack 9mm. There are times I've removed the pocket pistol, gotten my full batman tool belt on, and then promptly forgotten the most important tool...the gun.

Last Edited:
Shouldn't doesn't mean wouldn't. I'm with you, the LC9 works just fine
My LC9s is so compact and comfortable I forget I have it on around the house. We live in a relatively high rent, forested, low density neighborhood, about 1/4 mile up a gravel road. Nearest neighbor is about 100 yds. I always worry about home invasion. My adult son ordered a pizza at 2 am once without notifying us and the delivery guy's headlights coming up the driveway triggered an "overwhelming" response on my part. I have a pushbutton combo pistol safe in the master BR and I can go from dead asleep to firing in under 6 seconds.

Once the pants are on and the belt buckled, the gun goes in and stays there...

As I've said before, I always carry concealed and I always have it on me, even when at home...

Goes from my waist to the nightstand... Rinse and repeat... Only exception is shower time, then it's on the shelf just a step or two away...

I have a "hug low" policy, I hug low, forcing others to hug high... Never detected...

Same for me with my LC9s. I carry mine to work almost everyday just because it is so small and invisible. My job isn't in the best of neighbor hoods so I couldn't imagine being with out something. The other day there was a guy tripping on the street jumping out in front of traffic and making motions like he had a gun pointing it at people as they drive by.

We called 911 made them aware of the situation and kept a close eye on him until he was picked up. When things like that happen your radar starts buzzing, hair on the back of your neck stands up and your situational awareness goes into over drive quick.

I always think of concealment as it is defined.
con·ceal·ment
kənˈsēlmənt/

noun
  1. the action of hiding something or preventing it from being known.
When I go to a friend house, or family members house, and I know they do not like guns then I just don't announce that I am carrying. Now if it is a Federal building of any kind or as a CPL holder under LAW I can not carry there then I do not. I think I am not alone here when I say I feel naked when not carrying. I enjoy the feeling of being safe and protected. Like any situation in life, I like to be prepared for the worst case scenario. That's just how I was raised. It should never be an issue if concealed responsibly. The same people that complain about guns being carried by the average law abiding citizen, are the same people that cry that It took to long for the police to show up when they were in danger. Long story short, what they don't know, might help save them someday!

Once the pants are on and the belt buckled, the gun goes in and stays there...

As I've said before, I always carry concealed and I always have it on me, even when at home...

Goes from my waist to the nightstand... Rinse and repeat... Only exception is shower time, then it's on the shelf just a step or two away...

I have a "hug low" policy, I hug low, forcing others to hug high... Never detected...

Grouper. :D

I was at a class reunion last year and this gal ( high school date and then about 13 years later again too :rolleyes:) came up and gave me a bit more than a casual hug. Felt the S & W .40 and smiled and said, " Well some things never change do they ??".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top