JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No pleasing you :rolleyes: " GWB didnt have to sign it. And now you just verified for me how crooked both sides are as I answered your question and said both. As I said are you OK?
The Patriot has been investigated by several colleges of law and found unconstitutional.
You thinking it is Constitutional is not rational as people with law degrees disagree with you.
So unless you have a law degree to support your stance were kinda done here.
I am guilty for falling for your goating me though you asked for a simple answer I gave one.
I should have stopped you there. You are wrong about the Patriot, but you did get me to listen to you way longer then I should have so you get a cookie, your a funny guy though !
You are still not getting it. So I'll ask you your own question. Why do you think the gun lobbies tend to not support the democrats?
If you can come up with a logical answer, you will also know why this entire line questioning is idiotic. I suppose I should just let you bang your head against the same brick wall as all the sjw's that ask equally ridiculous questions but I have a bad habit of calling bs when I see it.
As far as the patriot act, it is bipartisan legislation and supported by members of both parties and by presidents of both parties which proves my point actually that it is not a "Republican" Party platform. So no it doesn't please me as it is a straw man. Secondly, for every law college that is opposed, there is one for it. What's ironic is weather their stance changes depending on who supports it as is very common with "law colleges". So you can burn that straw man as well.
Lastly, why do you start these threads? Is it to get answers? Because it seems you don't like the answers you get. Is it for compromise? Or to hear people agree with you?
We could straighten this all out for you if you will go to a NARAL forum and ask them why they don't support righties. You will undoubtedly get the exact same type of answer.

You are still not getting it. So I'll ask you your own question. Why do you think the gun lobbies tend to not support the democrats?
If you can come up with a logical answer, you will also know why this entire line questioning is idiotic. I suppose I should just let you bang your head against the same brick wall as all the sjw's that ask equally ridiculous questions but I have a bad habit of calling bs when I see it.
As far as the patriot act, it is bipartisan legislation and supported by members of both parties and by presidents of both parties which proves my point actually that it is not a "Republican" Party platform. So no it doesn't please me as it is a straw man. Secondly, for every law college that is opposed, there is one for it. What's ironic is weather their stance changes depending on who supports it as is very common with "law colleges". So you can burn that straw man as well.
Lastly, why do you start these threads? Is it to get answers? Because it seems you don't like the answers you get. Is it for compromise? Or to hear people agree with you?
We could straighten this all out for you if you will go to a NARAL forum and ask them why they don't support righties. You will undoubtedly get the exact same type of answer.

Heywood actually read back my friend, in every thread I post since 2012 and support is 99% or higher for the thoughts I bring up.
I can not be responsible when someones cognitive abilities cant comprehend what I am saying. I answer questions to help clarify thats it. You don't agree I don't care to be honest I actually probably could care less if you disagree with me or anyone else I don't know does. Not personal , I just don't care :s0109:
Unlike many I don't stare at the TV see a Democrat and loose my sheeet over it.

I will answer this for you, want to know why I post these thread, is to see if people will think, or some wont and will stay on the same path they are on. Its their choice free thought and all. In my Threads many long term and short term people agree with me its always the guys with a few hundred posts that are not active community members, but will state I am out of touch with the forum?
My posting likes from member likes far exceed my posts my friend, so if I was way off base as you cliam in my posts pretty sure it would reflect there.
And just to be clear NWFA is not a Conservative Firearms Forum and why you think my post sound alien to you it does not to most.
This forum is based on fellow firearms owners from all types enjoying what we all love. Its not an Anti-Democrat site its a Pro-gun site and yes they are different. Your push to silence my view is exactly what Biased lobbies do, they say they want open honest dialog and then jump on the person for having the dialog:rolleyes:. The Far Left and Right are both very similar in that aspect of making sure they quiet anyone's 1st Amendment Right.
Have a Great Memorial Day, remember the day as a day people fought and died so you and I can be free and have free thought.

Be well brother and a hint maybe have some respect for the thread people start to try and have dialog and maybe if you don't like them maybe move along or start your own thread, you know maybe be a polite as a member of NWFA.

Last Edited:
So to put the topic back on task.
Should Lobbyist , Be Biased to One Party when it comes to constitutional rights ?

When it comes to the 2nd Amendment, should not all lobbies support all parties on this one issue.
There are enough lobbies for everything under the sun, but only a few Lobbyist represent our Constitutional fights.
And all rights should be for all people and represented as so. Some may not agree, but the most failed lobbies at passing and defending rights are those that appear biased. Doesn't matter if they are its enough to appear that way based on what results of laws and bills passed shows that what is being done, doesn't work.
There are many examples of this on both sides of the fence of failed work by lobbies, when they failed to represent all people on the west coast as and example its is pretty clear a failed attempt to save rights.

In my thinking to the answer to the OP's question of party bias ... Should be : No.
But as with many things what should be or could be often isn't.

A Firearm lobby / Lobbyist should be for the 2nd Amendment and safe firearm use for all US citizens* , first and only , no party need apply.

*Even if some choose not to own or use firearms , the lobbyist should still champion the safe use of firearms and a basic working knowledge of firearms and gun safety ,among them as well ...
If nothing else it might take away much of the myths and mysteries of guns , from non-gun people.

Note by "gun safety" or "safe use" , I am not saying we need bans on certain types of guns or magazines , mandatory trigger locks or safes etc...
Just a guy or gal who will be on the side of the firearm and law abiding gun owner.
Andy

Clearly, context is completely lost to you.
So, I will ask one question. Please forget all about the last few posts.
Why is it that you think the major gun lobbies do not give donations or endorsements to most democrat party politicians?
That question is all that really matters as the people are free to join regardless of party affiliation or they can start their own lobbying organization if their self esteem hurted by seeing people they don't like being over represented in existing lobbies.
Will you give it honest thought? Are you capable?

In my thinking to the answer to the OP's question of party bias ... Should be : No.
But as with many things what should be or could be often isn't.

A Firearm lobby / Lobbyist should be for the 2nd Amendment and safe firearm use for all US citizens* , first and only , no party need apply.

*Even if some choose not to own or use firearms , the lobbyist should still champion the safe use of firearms and a basic working knowledge of firearms and gun safety ,among them as well ...
If nothing else it might take away much of the myths and mysteries of guns , from non-gun people.

Note by "gun safety" or "safe use" , I am not saying we need bans on certain types of guns or magazines , mandatory trigger locks or safes etc...
Just a guy or gal who will be on the side of the firearm and law abiding gun owner.
Andy

I agree, great post.:s0101:

Context is lost on me?
The question was "Should firearms Lobbyist have a Party biased organization?"
I answer "No" ... The 2nd Amendment is for all law abiding US citizens , so a Lobbyist for firearms just should be for the 2nd Amendment.
Simple no context needed.
Andy

Andy I think his sarcasm was aimed at me, hes been desperately trying to Hijack the thread for his own agenda, rather the the intended topic. Hes been trolling this thread off and on but I appreciate your post :)

Will you give it honest thought? Are you capable?
Are you questioning my "honest thought" , because you do not agree with me?
Are you implying that I am not capable of thinking?
Are you saying that my own thoughts are somehow dishonest?

I will have you know sir , I am all for every law abiding US citizen being able to own the firearm / firearms of their choice with as little fuss or interference as possible.
And that is how I vote.
Andy

Then again, Republicans don't have Ban 'Em All as a plank in their Party platform, Dems do. They kill that plank, we'll talk, but until then I'm a South Park Conservative: "I don't like Conservatives, but I Positvely F***ing HATE Liberals."

Are you questioning my "honest thought" , because you do not agree with me?
Are you implying that I am not capable of thinking?
Are you saying that my own thoughts are somehow dishonest?

I will have you know sir , I am all for every law abiding US citizen being able to own the firearm / firearms of their choice with as little fuss or interference as possible.
And that is how I vote.
Andy
No, dune seems unable to give a strait forward answer. Apperantly by refusing to accept the premis that the NRA has become anti democrat, rather the democrat party has become anti gun. (As it is part of their party platform). Is hijacking and trolling.
I do however agree with your thoughts.

Last Edited:
No, dune seems unable to give a strait forward answer. Apperantly by refusing to accept the premis that the NRA has become anti democrat, rather the democrat party has become anti gun. (As it is part of their party platform). Is hijacking and trolling.
I do however agree with your thoughts.
Okay ... sorry for accusing you of any mischief.
With your post below mine and no quotes , I thought you were referring to me.

Thanks for agreeing with me ... but I do think you are doing Dunehopper a dis-service.
Andy

Thanks for agreeing with me ... but I do think you are doing Dunehopper a dis-service.
Andy
It isn't personal, I just refuse to accept the premis. I've seen it from many people on many issues and it is a poison to principal. I think it is right to have it out in the open, some people will agree with me, some with him and people can make their own decision. It is not my intention to be confrontational, only to propose an opposite view which many may take as blatant confrontation.
Fact is, the democrat party has been moving left for a while on many issues and those of us on the right are portrayed as extreme because we hold to our principals. I call it out when I see it and ask for clarification. If none is given, it is hard to just accept it.

Andy

Appreciate the sentiments Andy, Yawn for me seen chest puffers all my life. I pay them no never mind.
Just like flies buzzing a barn. In my own opinion people who are disrespectful are not people I want to associate with in person or a forum. Their loss cause I am a pretty interesting guy just ask the dog.
They have this great ignore button that works wonders for keeping the flies quiet in this forum.

Appreciate the sentiments Andy, Yawn for me seen chest puffers all my life. I pay them no never mind.
Just like flies buzzing a barn. In my own opinion people who are disrespectful are not people I want to associate with in person or a forum. Their loss cause I am a pretty interesting guy just ask the dog.
They have this great ignore button that works wonders for keeping the flies quiet in this forum.

FYI – your dog says you should throw in some gravy when you fill his dog bowl at chow time!

:D

So appreciate those that are respectful and try and stay on topic in a forum, hijacking threads no matter what the reason is just bad form and manners. Have a Good One.
Just one last thing to the Flies.

Men and Women died and we remember them always and more so on Memorial day.
These men and women did not fight and die for biased issues. They fought so all men and women no matter what race, culture or sex in the United States can be free and have continued representation by those that will abide by the same oath they took. A Biased lobby has no clue in my opinion what it means to represent all people when they say they have a right to be Biased, but the people who fought and died for those rights did not do so for any bias.
Think about it and let it sink in.
I have lost very close family due to their sacrifice in war, its why I am so strong that all people be represented, lobbies should be no different if they honor those whom fought for them.:s0042:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top