Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shoud I be worried???

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by goatguns, Feb 27, 2013.

1. goatguns

goatguns Dallas OR Member

I sent in my form 4 for a can. They recived it on january 21st 2013. I did a trust this time and not registered to my self. On my other transfers they cashed my check very fast. This time they have not even cashed it yet??? I dont think anything is wrong with my paper work as I looked it over 1000 times. I just find it weird. :paranoid:

2. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

That is strange, the check is usually cashed pretty quickly. Maybe give them a call to check? Seems like they'd appreciate your helping them get your money ;)

3. CatCow

CatCow Portland, OR Active Member

I thought I was the only one LOL. I sent in a pair of Form 1's back on the 15th, and they finally just went through today. Nearly two weeks. Not as long as you, but I would say yes there have been some delays lately. Of course I also have another check floating out there that was sent the same day that hasn't been processed yet, so maybe it was a postal problem. They have had a lot of bad weather and blizzards slowing things down on that side of the country.

Considering the unusual period of time, I would say give them a call and see if they have the paperwork yet. I presume they would have some record of the serial number even if the check got lost or hasn't been sent through yet.

4. TDH

TDH Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The one I sent in a few weeks ago was just finally cashed, funny they used to cash them ASAP. Wish they had an online tracking system.

5. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely.

My check was cashed less than 7 days after I put the forms in the mail, but I have read that a few people have had much longer time frame from mailing paperwork to check being cashed.

6. goatguns

I just hope nothing is wrong. I did a tracking number on the package and it was delivered there on the 21st of january, so i know they recived it....but have not cashed my check yet...how or who to call it see if everything is ok?

7. CatCow

CatCow Portland, OR Active Member

Listed on the ATF web site, NFA branch phone# (304) 616-4500

I was also just reading that Form 4's(transfers) go through the Atlanta office first, because that is where they process the money. Form 1's go through the NFA office in WV first so they can make sure there are no issues before they send the check down to Atlanta. That would account for some of the delay, but over a month is excessive. Give them a call and find out what is going on.

8. robbijer

robbijer Salem Oregon Member

I would call the NFA Branch. The number should be (304) 616-4500. You will need the serial number of the item you are calling about.

9. djthemac

djthemac eugene Member

I'd call. they cash the check immediately

10. goatguns

Just got it back in the mail yesterday :( My dealer failed to mention that his form's were old and it was an old adress. Not only wasted money sending it in but wasted over a month of time.....I wont be using this dealer again.

11. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Well that just sucks the big one. Care to name the dealer? PM would be OK.

12. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Yeah, WTF? That sucks.

13. goatguns

Sent Off again ....to a new address after a phone call to ATF. Thank you all that helped.