JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just bought a mec 700. I have everything I need to reload. I just have a few questions. How do I adjust how much powder and shot is going down to the hull. I don't want to blow my self up, haha. Anyways, I appreciate the help in advance.

You need to change the charge bar for different loads, they only drop what is needed.

This. You can get different charge bars for however many ounces of shot you want to throw and then you need to get the appropriate bushings for how much powder you want to throw. If you don't have one already, get a Lyman Shotshell Reloading Handbook. It is the best shotshell reloading book out there.

You can stick with the stock charge bar for the Mec 700 which is non-adjustable for shot and requires a bushing for each different powder/charge weight

OR-------------

You can invest in one of these:

Universal Charge Bar

bar050.jpg

Years ago when I still shot a lot of shotgun competition I bought one of these because it always seemed like I never had the right bushing. Best move I ever made.

Wide range of powder and shot adjustments. The cost is minor considering all the investment that one could end up putting in an assortment of bushings and/or bars.

Yeah, that makes sense. So I took all everything apart to lube all the moving parts and the charging bar says 302 and 118. What does that mean. Also, the budging says 30.

Be sure and check your powder charges with a scale. At least until you've verified that the bushing is actually dropping the correct charge according to the chart.

Don't assume that everything is OKIE DOKIE, be sure and verify.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top