Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shotshell Reloading which press do you use

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by MilesTeg, Feb 27, 2011.

1. MilesTeg

MilesTeg Troutdale, OR Active Member

I'm lookiing to get a shotshell press so I can load cheaper buck and slug rounds and maybe some smaller shot as well. Basically it will be low round production so I don't need something that cranks out millions of rounds. Just looking for KISS press.

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

MEC is hard to beat for the price.

3. moparmike440

moparmike440 SW WA Member

mec for sure size master or 600JR my JR has loaded 5000 rounds or more :thumbup:

4. SAR1846

SAR1846 Oregon Member

I have a sizemaster, and its working great!!! A friend of mine has the Lee press, which he swears by. I haven't tried it, but for KISS & low cost, it might work well in your situation.

5. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

the lee loadall has to be the simplest press out there,and for buck and ball,the shells are easily removed to load the shot in,then continue on.They will last for thousands of rounds,and then some.
    downside: hard to change powder and shot amounts,have to empty the hoppers,mec is much more user friendly in that respect.

6. MilesTeg

MilesTeg Troutdale, OR Active Member

Thanks for the input. Looks like I can pick up a Load All for $45 but will take a look at the Mec as well.

7. xxerexx

xxerexx Hillsboro, Oregon Member

I have a mec sizemaster, it's worked well for the 100 rounds I've loaded so far. You should be able to find a used mec 600 jr for $50-60 with one or two charge bars and a couple bushings.

8. crabman21

crabman21 Wilsonville,Ore Member

I use a Mec 600 jr to load 12 and 410 shells. works great and will last for many years.

9. svtrc51

svtrc51 Woodland Member

+1
    I have had a few and ended up with the load-all. I don't need to load a case every weekend. Just the few "special shells" (Slugs n Buck) or a box here and there. It gets a bad rap from a lot of people. yes its slower and not all metal. but its 40 bucks and it works. Put that extra $$ in a rifle or pistol set up.