Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shotgun Shells And Other Litter

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by RVTECH, May 26, 2013.

1. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I am really getting tired of seeing empty hulls being left on the ground. I realize this constitutes littering in the basic sense of the law AND I am not one to support new laws but I think one should be put in place that specifically targets the leaving of 'Plastic Based Ammo Cases' on the ground. It seems to be getting worse and not better.

2. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

if they don't have the common decency to u/p after themselves the new law won't have any effect on them, unless there is a enforcer at every shooting spot

3. RVTECH

I agree. I will never understand the mindset of those that litter.

4. coyoteman5

coyoteman5 North south east west Active Member

And I'm sure those guys who leave all the litter around when shooting are one of the first ones to complain And cussing and Curse at the land owners about losing spots where they can shoot and wonder why. You know it's funny if you left all that trash on their personal property they would absolutely have a crap fit and would demand you never come back to the property but it's okay for them to do that other people's property.
    I just don't get the mentality.

5. RVTECH

AND as much as I hate to admit it 'those guys' are a part of the pro gun community as a whole. While they are most likely the minority I'll bet their are more in this category than we think.

6. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Stand on a 12' x 12' plastic tarp when shooting. Fold it up to collect your brass, grab the handfuls of shotgun shells from the top and stuff them in trash bags. It's not that hard.

7. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

I put out a tarp every time I go out! It also gives you a little buffer between you and someone else that shows up:) Sets a good example.

8. RVTECH

Seems to be for way to many out there.

9. EM60

EM60 Sandy Member

The Mountain Times paper has an article this month about this very issue with pictures showing the mess that some shooters are leaving. Memaloose,Wildcat Mtn. Millers Quarry, LoloPass,etc. Personally I cannot imagine the type of brain-dead scum it takes to do this.

10. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

It would be better if they just itemized all things that could constitute litter, and then pass individual laws banning each and every one.

I'm sure that wouldn't be a waste of time, money, or resources and that it would finally make those litterbugs change their filthy ways.

:nuts:

11. RVTECH

No, I don't think it would be better but something has to be done and I was simply offering a possibility. How about a deposit on shotgun shells, much like we pay on bottles and cans?

12. EM60

EM60 Sandy Member

Here's an idea, since these messes are always in the same places and the forestry is basically doing nothing other than driving around collecting a check, how about staking out these sites and catching those who are creating the mess. Not really brain surgery and when they catch them take everything they have,(car,guns,all possesions)and add about a $5000.00 fine. Have this broadcast on the news and I bet you would see this crap end.

kritos666 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. porkchopexpress

porkchopexpress Tualatin, Oregon Active Member

I know when I have shot up behind Molalla, I leave with at least a trash bag full of other people's shotgun shells. Not to mention the random empty beer boxes laying in the road. I stop and grab those too. When I bring my friends shooting, I make them each grab a bag and clean up all they can. They moan about it, but I like shooting in the woods and want to keep being able to. Watch out though, sometimes wasps and yellow jackets hide out in those shells and get mighty angry when you disturb their naps.