JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, I know that Jack of all Trades is master of none, but what are my options? I don;t know much about shotguns, but shooting clays seems like fun and I have friends asking me to join them sometime. Still it would be good if it could double as HD shotgun with maybe a barrel change. So, something like the 870 maybe, where I could put a 18 inch beaded barrel on it without much fuss. My apologies if this has been beaten to death, so if there is a good article or past thread, just point me that way.

I think you found the answer in your OP...
One of those 870 combinations with a 26 - 28 inch barrel and a 18 -20 inch barrel...
Mossberg makes ones like that as well.
Andy
Edit to add :
When I am speaking of a 870...
I am referring to a Pre-Freedom Group buyout of Remington made Wingmaster.

Yes, that's what my research points me to so far, but wanted to check. Thanks!

I think you found the answer in your OP...
One of those 870 combinations with a 26 - 28 inch barrel and a 18 -20 inch barrel...
Mossberg makes ones like that as well.
Andy

I think most hunting shotguns with a removable barrel have HD barrels available. I had an Remington 1100 for bird hunting and a youth stock and 20" IC barrel for my wife to use for home defense.

Many manufacturers sell combos.

2B743F81-A76E-4AE1-8EF7-8B0C4A4DA949.jpeg

Yes, I know that Jack of all Trades is master of none, but what are my options? I don;t know much about shotguns, but shooting clays seems like fun and I have friends asking me to join them sometime. Still it would be good if it could double as HD shotgun with maybe a barrel change. So, something like the 870 maybe, where I could put a 18 inch beaded barrel on it without much fuss. My apologies if this has been beaten to death, so if there is a good article or past thread, just point me that way.

I wouldn't buy a Remington today, they are not what they use to be. I'd suggest a Mossberg if you are want a pump.

What ever you decide on Moss. Rem, BPS or high dollar understand to KNOW your choice you must select a choke and pattern it 40yrds. Know where it shoots the Load at that distance and closer. Then move to Clays it can be fun and social. A good course helps and you choose like golf.
Getting on target is easy when you have put rounds out there in practice. Have fun enjoy.

I have never been much of a shotgun guy but have alway had one or two around collecting dust. Recently picked up a Mossberg 500 combo at Bi Mart, with the 28" and 18.5" barrel. I did replace the crappy plastic stock and fore end with a Hogue overmolded stock from Midway. Finally made it out shooting and shot up quite a few clay pigeons with it a few weeks ago. I was blown away as I have never been a good shot at clays, but hit far more than I missed. Zero problems. At home it has the short barrel with a shell holder that holds five rounds of 00 buck. I couldn't be happier with it....I am not a brand snob but like others have said, stay away from newer Remingtons. If you insist on an 870, try to find a good used wingmaster at a pawn shop.

Yes , I saw a wing master on the classifieds , but was too late . Of course if anyone has one in their safe collecting dust....

I have never been much of a shotgun guy but have alway had one or two around collecting dust. Recently picked up a Mossberg 500 combo at Bi Mart, with the 28" and 18.5" barrel. I did replace the crappy plastic stock and fore end with a Hogue overmolded stock from Midway. Finally made it out shooting and shot up quite a few clay pigeons with it a few weeks ago. I was blown away as I have never been a good shot at clays, but hit far more than I missed. Zero problems. At home it has the short barrel with a shell holder that holds five rounds of 00 buck. I couldn't be happier with it....I am not a brand snob but like others have said, stay away from newer Remingtons. If you insist on an 870, try to find a good used wingmaster at a pawn shop.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top